The main purpose of this policy is to provide a friendly, supportive and considerate environment where owner drivers can share experience and expertise, and to allow us to take action if anyone breaches these terms.
Although areas of the codforum website may be viewed simply by visiting (and non-registered users can view the forums and the posts therein) in order to post a message in the discussion forum you first need to register.
codforum is designed as a place to provide support and guidance to those that are either owner drivers or wishing to become owner drivers.
We reserve the right to terminate your registration if we learn that you have provided false or misleading registration information. Registrations without valid details will be automatically deleted.
If you register, this policy will govern your use of codforum. By completing the registration process, you are indicating your agreement to be bound by this policy.
The views expressed in the posts you will find in the discussion forums belong solely to their respective authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of codforum and/or our funders.
Please remember that the open and real-time nature of the forums makes it impossible for us to vouch for the validity of any content posted. As such, we are not responsible for any messages posted or the consequences of following any advice offered within posts. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all opinions, advice, and other information provided. We reserve the right to edit any message posted in the discussion forum if we decide it is in breach of/conflicts with the main purpose of this policy.
By using the site, you agree to the following –
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to a compile database or directory without written permission from us
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users to send unsolicited email or creating user accounts under false pretenses
- Use the Site to advertise or sell goods and services
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords
- Make improper use of our support services, or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks and services connected to the Site
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person, or use the username of another user
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile
- Use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person
- Use the Site or our content as part of any effort to compete with us or to create a revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site
- Attempt to access any portions of the Site that you are restricted from accessing
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees, agents, or other users
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any of the content
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site, or any material that acts as a passive or active information llection or transmission mechanism
- Use, launch, or engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, robots, scrapers, offline readers, or similar data gathering and extraction tools
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations
- Threaten users with negative feedback or offering services solely to give positive feedback to users
- Misrepresent experience, skills, or information about a User
- Advertise products or services not intended by us
- Falsely imply a relationship with us or another company with whom you do not have a relationship.
- You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, inaccurate or cannot be substantiated.
- You will not post any material that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or otherwise objectionable.
- You will not behave in an abusive manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone. If you disagree with someone's posting or comment, don't attack that person ... agree to disagree, respectfully.
- You will not post material that is clearly outside of the stated topic nor disrupt others’ use of the site by, for example, deliberately posting repeated or irrelevant material or copies of identical material.
- You will not use the site in a manner that adversely affects the availability of its resources to other users.
- You will, if asked by a codforum representative, cease posting any content deemed to breach these terms by the site’s moderators.
- You will not use the forum for commercial gain or to advertise your, or your organisation's, own services or products without first discussing with the side administrator teamYou should remember that you are legally responsible for what you write.
By participating in a discussion you undertake to indemnify us against any liability arising from any obscene, defamatory, seditious, blasphemous or other actionable statement published by you, or any breach of confidentiality, copyright or other intellectual property rights, and against all damages, losses, claims and costs (including without limitation fines and expenses arising out of or incurred in conducting or defending any proceedings) arising from any such actionable statements.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password. You shall be responsible for all uses of your registration, whether or not authorised by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your registration or password.
If you find any material published to the forums to be offensive or objectionable, please use the report post functionality provided. If we determine that removal of material is necessary, we will make reasonable efforts to do so in a timely manner.
We may modify this policy at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified policy on the site. You agree to review this policy periodically to be aware of such modifications and your continued access or use of the site shall be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified policy.
If you do not agree to changes in this policy as they may occur, please arrange to terminate your registration by notifying codforum of your unwillingness to accept the changes and by discontinuing your use of the site.