Well organized UK Express LTD SCAM

Gripes, moans, whines and complaints - get it off your chest!
musicman

Well organized UK Express LTD SCAM

Post by musicman »

I recently came across an add on indeed.co.uk where company is looking for multi-drop van drivers:

"Van Driver (EXCELLENT RATES) Multidrop
Salary:
Minimum earnings of £420 per week - Unlimited Bonus
Company:
UK Express Delivery Ltd
Job Type:
Permanent
Date posted:
11/11/2015 18:04
Job Description:
Are you Hard Working? Good at Driving? Looking for a Challenge?

We are looking for Long Term Multi-drop Drivers within LOCAL area.

We are recruiting for drivers in the following areas:

Birmingham
Leicester
Bristol
Sheffield
Heathrow
Peterborough
Avonmouth
Leeds
Cardiff
Swansea
Wakefield

NO EXPERIENCE required - we operate a very simple system where the routes are presented in order and routed to ensure all the deliveries can easily be completed within the day.

Training is provided and support is always on hand, you will need to be medically fit and have no medical conditions which may affect your ability to drive and meet the demands of a multi-drop courier.

You will be working 5 Days a week, plus there will be plenty more opportunities to do more days should you wish. This is a Self Employed contract with minimum 5 days’ work and more days are available should you wish to earn more.

A vehicle will be sourced and fuel card provided to help you get setup and ready to go.

Are you aged between 25 and 65? (for insurance purposes)
Have a current UK drivers licence for more than 2 years with no bans in the 5 years?
Can you pass a DBS Basic Criminal Record check?
Minimum earnings of £420 Per Week with potential to earn £650

If you think this is for you, then please the apply button below to complete our online application form.
UK Express Limited
"

I filled the quick application form and next day I was invited to an interview.
The interview took place in a budget hotel meeting room (already sounds dodgy), there were approx 20 applicants in total, all came for the same position. An interviewer (a BIG guy you don't want to mess with) briefly explained the type of the job following all terms and conditions etc. In short, the works is multi-drop deliveries for Amazon. Paid daily £110 (sounds good to be true, huh?), they provide you with a nearly new van (which is £160 monthly with full insurance included + petrol card and unlimited mileage for your own trips, how about that, huh? :) ) + barcode scanner with built-in GPS and route planner. We've been told they are in an urgent need of 1700 drivers nationwide due to their recent contract with Amazon. The 'interview' lasted for about 20 minutes and the big guy promised us to send the application forms asap so we can apply for the job.

Now the funny part. From the beginning I was very suspicious about the job as it did sound too good to be true, but where is the catch? The catch is here:
http://form.jotformpro.com/form/51694649381972

They collect your personal information (document scans, NI number etc) + you pay £59.88 for your background check. How dodgy does it sound, huh?
I've check on amazon website and UK Express is not listed on their carriers list.
Their website looks dodgy (http://www.ukxd.co.uk/)
Company not listed on yell.com
There is almost none information online about the company and its activity.
They are advertising everywhere and ripping off people.

I hope this information will help others.
Eima

legrysexpressltd

Re: Well organized UK Express LTD SCAM

Post by legrysexpressltd »

Actually there a well established courier mainly doing nationwide overnights been going for wellover 10 years

Alec

Post by Alec »

It's not UK Express Ltd anyway, it's UK Express Multidrop Ltd, a company incorporated on 21st May 2015. It looks like the same ownership as UK Express Ltd, but not the same company - which can make all the difference in some circumstances.

brummieadam

Post by brummieadam »

Mothers First Name *
Mothers Maiden Name *

off springs to mind

Big-G

Post by Big-G »

i applied for a job with UK Express Delivery aswell but thought twice when the only options for interviews were their offices in chorley or birmingham even though they claim to have a regional office in glasgow

also the company i worked for isn't listed either , its because they come under amazon logistics so no doubt the uk express one does too

DeiEx

Post by DeiEx »

Hmmm, does this look familiar? Bit suspicious now.
Thank you for applying online.

Please see the details of your Interview for Long Distance Driving on

Wednesday 3rd February 2016 3:00PM

At

Birmingham (Head Office), UK Express Logistics, Lonsdale House, Blucher Street, Birmingham, B1 1QU

Please Bring along Both Parts of your Driving Licence

Look forward to See you!

Many Thanks
UK Express Team
Based in Newcastle NE40 (North East).

VW T5 2.5 SWB 4motion van. GIT £10k PL £2M. Sat Nav and experienced driver.

Available for work, local or national.

garylichtie

Post by garylichtie »

Been through all of that including the police background check which cost ME £59.88 they then invited me to a ride along, full day out in a van in Motherwell about 2 hours from my home town for a 7am start when I queried this they said that as things stand it's the only hub in Scotland and that's where I would be working out of, so a 2 hour trip to work and the same home again which I'm paying for!

Chippie The Courier

Post by Chippie The Courier »

garylichtie wrote:Been through all of that including the police background check which cost ME £59.88 they then invited me to a ride along, full day out in a van in Motherwell about 2 hours from my home town for a 7am start when I queried this they said that as things stand it's the only hub in Scotland and that's where I would be working out of, so a 2 hour trip to work and the same home again which I'm paying for!
Motherwell is indeed Amazon Logistics Scottish hub. There are many opos working out of here, GPS Logistics, Eagle Couriers etc all service partners for Amazon Logistics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

garylichtie

Post by garylichtie »

In defence of UK Express though the have said that there are other Scottish hubs opening, Edinburgh is next allegedly, then Dundee and Aberdeen but they should have told all their drivers this at the outset, I just want a chance to drive for someone, incidentally its not entirely unusual for companies to make their drivers pay for a police background check but £59.88 when a basic disclosure check costs £25

garylichtie

Post by garylichtie »

Somebody has previously stated that wages are £110 per day and van rental and insurance are £160 per month but the second part is wrong it is actually a staggering £168 per week for the van and insurance !

IRMA777

Post by IRMA777 »

garylichtie wrote:Somebody has previously stated that wages are £110 per day and van rental and insurance are £160 per month but the second part is wrong it is actually a staggering £168 per week for the van and insurance !
Staggering ?? why... IF you bought your own van, sourced your own insurance,servicing/repairs etc..ect... i think you will you will be surprised, as will actually be more than that... do the maths. :wink:

garylichtie

Post by garylichtie »

The difference being that you would actually own your van at some point

garylichtie

Post by garylichtie »

I'm doing the maths and it works out at £672 per month you will need to work 7 days a week just to earn a crust as it comes out around 25% of your earnings

top mechanic

Post by top mechanic »

I too nearly fell foul of this scam, being as I paid for the Dissclossure & Barring service check through PayPal I opened a dispute & won my case resulting in me being reimbursed.
another point worth mentioning is UK Express tried to say they had applied for a background check on me through a company in California so I told them it wasn't worth the paper it is written on.
Also they claim that the DBS check is in association with Amazon when I contacted Amazon I was told they have no knowledge of this & that they have no association what so ever with UK Express logistics they are not even one of their couriers.
So people be warned steer well clear of this outfit.

nads

Post by nads »

Should the Police be informed of this ?

top mechanic

Post by top mechanic »

I think the police should really be informed of this but today if your house is burgled it takes them two days before any one attends, so how serious are they going to take this matter, I have informed the job sites & had little response from them either they keep posting UK Express adds on a weekly basis & don't seem bothered that they are embroiled in a scam. also I keep receiving emails & texts from UK Express on a weekly basis inviting me to go along for a drugs & alcohol test.(in their dreams).