Newby gets scammed

Gripes, moans, whines and complaints - get it off your chest!
Matthew1983

Re: Newby gets scammed

Post by Matthew1983 »

Shed5 let me check them out.. thanks :)

bramble43
Site owner

Post by bramble43 »

Matthew1983 wrote:where is the 'scam' section at guys?
It's here > http://codforum.org.uk/courier-owner-dr ... -scams.php

Or you can click on the scams tab up there ^^

If anyone does come across any other scams. Please let me know so I can warn others.
Motorcycle courier, same day / direct / timed, Nationwide and across Europe - Contact details on profile. Call or text for a quote.

Mike George
I used to be somebody

Post by Mike George »

Matthew1983 wrote:Shed5 let me check them out.. thanks :)
Shed 5 let you check who out?

I am an ex-owner driver and I run Shed 5 exchange for couriers
Shed 5 is the best-value exchange: join for £25, stay for free!

DarrenBush

Post by DarrenBush »

andymctighe wrote:
Bob Johnson wrote:If the rates were good enough then you wouldn't need backloads
I was in the haulage business running tippers back in the early 80's and the first thing you learn is that your outward load is somebody else's backload if they find out what you are doing. The rates I have let me make a profit without a backload but why wouldn't I try and earn both ways?

Strikes me as being blindingly obvious.
Exactly, doesn't matter how good the rate is it's always nice to get a backload too....Makes the journey home that bit more enjoyable :yes:

Reileys

Post by Reileys »

So just to clarify things for me.. lol is courier expert something to keep my hands off?

EnsonExpress

Post by EnsonExpress »

Reileys wrote:So just to clarify things for me.. lol is courier expert something to keep my hands off?
Just for the sake of accuracy, Courier Expert is not a scam as such. That is to say, he doesn't take your money and run away with it.

He takes your money and gives you work if you're lucky and pays you on time (30 days). But that's the end of it. His rates are (he says) better than those paid to TNT and CitySprint subbies, but that means only a little bit better - he makes more noise about it than it's worth. At the end of the day, in many people's opinions, his rates are NOT good enough to sustain you. Another thing some of us find unsatisfactory is he asks your permission to use your address, whereupon he advertises HIS business as operating from YOUR address (he achieves your permission by saying he'll do your advertising, or words to that effect). That might sound harmless, or even beneficial, BUT it means you are not able to advertise yourself - he doesn't advertise YOU, only HIMSELF at your address. Try a Google for Courier Expert in a town and then Google Streetview of the addresses and you'll see it's all private houses of the self employed people he has persuaded to pay him and use their addresses. Some people reckon that's against Google's terms and conditions.

Just so you can compare, he'll pay 60p per loaded mile for a small van. We reckon a small van costs about 25 to 30p EACH WAY and 60p loaded only just covers the running costs, with only a very tiny profit for you, so a PROPER rate for a subby (that's somebody doing deliveries for him or any other transport business) is 80p. For owner drivers getting their own customers direct, privately, a more likely rate is £1 and more. You CAN make a profit at his 60p rate, but only if you drive many thousands of miles a week.

DO NOT believe the promises of backloads and co loads from ANYBODY - they simply cannot guarantee them.
Dennis
Renault Kangoo with carpeted floor and folding bulkhead. 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.4m.
07903 129 445

Dear Lord, please save me from the ex pert drivers (y'know the ones in black cars).

brummieadam

Post by brummieadam »

There is issue to the idea of taking a low paid run and the concept of getting a backload .

Most jobs kick off first thing in the morning . Theres a vast amount of work out there at 8-10.30 . After 2.30-3pm it dies a death given companys office staff are coming to the end of the working day so dont get loads sent until the next day . Theres also that issue of places being opened when you get there . Work after 3 is either desperate must get there or worked listed for the next day ,

So you take on a job , pop off and drop it off and tend to find the works dried up by the time your clear and thus no hope of a run back down country . Get a job in the serious am and your in luck as its possible to get a run back but if your dropping after 1pm you will struggle . I am dropping in cornwall tomorrow and i will have a quick look half an hour before tipping but dont expect to get anything on the return . A 240 return trip !

bramble43
Site owner

Post by bramble43 »

I was getting emails daily about various scams which i think were being carried out by the same scum, it's all gone very quiet.

If anyone does get stitched up by a scam, please let me know so i can warn others.
Motorcycle courier, same day / direct / timed, Nationwide and across Europe - Contact details on profile. Call or text for a quote.