Lorries

Gripes, moans, whines and complaints - get it off your chest!
ray valentine

Re: Lorries

Post by ray valentine »

MK BIKER wrote:Oh and most got driving licences given to them

Don't deny it
I do not think i am a Grandad, but i am old enough to be one.

My HGV test took over one and a half hours (1977), i think i earned it.

The LGV test now is much shorter, and we see the results of this every day.
Ray Valentine Refrigerated Vans. The Experienced Norfolk based
Temperature Controlled Courier.

brummieadam

Post by brummieadam »

EnsonExpress wrote:
slim wrote:Grandads become grandads for good reason.
Because we were taught spelling and grammar? And how to use the odd capital letter to begin sentences? And paragraphs and stuff?

Regards, war baby, long standing Grandad and 61mph maniacal aficionado. :wave:

fill them in if it troubles you so very much

petty , very petty
slim wrote:I'd run with the motorway full of grandads every day if it meant the demise of the lunatic boy racers.

Grandads become grandads for good reason.

Regards
Recent Grandad and 60mph aficionado.
i see , just out of interest have you ever seen a `lunatric boy racer` , ive seen many a dodgy bit of driving and ive seen people driving without due care but ive never seen what can be defined as a boy racer , someone who only races around , could it be people get driven to drive in a certain manner at vrs times by the lack of consideration shown to them by others namely people traveling too slow for the modern public highway ?
just a thought

TRDUTDUIIPUPHIOPPJPUGOFIOGIUP ................................. no doubt ensen will be in tears once more for the sight of a lack of punctuation , im sure he will fill this in also , cant have the world stop spinning now can we

oh and im easily old enough to be a grandad myself

EnsonExpress

Post by EnsonExpress »

brummieadam wrote:
EnsonExpress wrote:
slim wrote:Grandads become grandads for good reason.
Because we were taught spelling and grammar? And how to use the odd capital letter to begin sentences? And paragraphs and stuff?

Regards, war baby, long standing Grandad and 61mph maniacal aficionado. :wave:
petty , very petty
Fill them in? :no: Petty? :no:

If these represent your outlook you're in the wrong forum. If your sense of humour is so extinct you can't recognise frivolity, I'm sorry for you. :yes:
Dennis
Renault Kangoo with carpeted floor and folding bulkhead. 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.4m.
07903 129 445

Dear Lord, please save me from the ex pert drivers (y'know the ones in black cars).

brummieadam

Post by brummieadam »

EnsonExpress wrote:
petty , very petty
Fill them in? :no: Petty? :no:

If these represent your outlook you're in the wrong forum. If your sense of humour is so extinct you can't recognise frivolity, I'm sorry for you. :yes:[/quote]

ok lets walk this path

would you ask a blind man the colour of something ?, would you ask someone in a wheelchair to go for a run ? would you critique someone whos dyslexic on spelling and punctuation ?

you sir should walk the path of others before judging and here i go again once more having to explain , trust me its tiring

i am neither ignorant or a simpleton , as a child i was treated as such thanks to word blindness not being known or understood , simply put this was before it was a consideration in schools , as such i have had to endure shyte like this from an early age , i have no concept of where a commer goes or a full stop has a place , i drop commers in at random and rely on spell checkers at all times , i have no chance of knowing the correct placement and never will

so thank you for pointing out my failings and yes perhaps i am in the wrong place if punctuation takes president over content , there is also nothing humorous to be had from either mine or your posting , thanks for the redirection and personal assassination :no:

Jack Bridgestone

Post by Jack Bridgestone »

Going back to lorries..........my tip of the day when passing a weaving lorry travelling in lane 2, keep indicator on until overtaking procedure is complete. This somehow wakes the lorry driver up thus allowing a higher percentage of passing by without being wiped out accidentally.

:hug:
A man is most accurately judged by how he treats those who are not in a position either to retaliate or to reciprocate

Bob Johnson

Post by Bob Johnson »

brummieadam wrote:i have no concept of where a commer goes or a full stop has a place , i drop commers in at random and rely on spell checkers at all times , i have no chance of knowing the correct placement and never will
Yes you do, or you wouldn't have placed them where you have, so you do, infact, have a chance of knowing.

EnsonExpress

Post by EnsonExpress »

brummieadam wrote:ok lets walk this path

would you ask a blind man the colour of something ?, would you ask someone in a wheelchair to go for a run ? would you critique someone whos dyslexic on spelling and punctuation ?

you sir should walk the path of others before judging and here i go again once more having to explain , trust me its tiring
I really shouldn't be feeding the troll, but I can't help myself!

If you need to convince other forum users not to comment on your posting style, I suggest you create a signature which claims you are dyslexic and mustn't be criticised for lack of spelling, punctuation and grammar. The difference between you and a blind or wheelchair bound person is that both of them show their condition and you do not. My brother is wheelchair bound and I regularly ask if I should catch him or watch him fall. He can't eat (feeding tube directly into his stomach) and I regularly tell him he should "try tasting this". Lots of people post on forums without much knowledge of spelling and grammar, that's the way they are, it doesn't mean they are dyslexic. Until you tell us, we don't know that you're dyslexic and deserving of special treatment and entitled to treat others with outrage and disrespect.

My post was plain and simply intended to be flippant, funny and not to be regarded as a serious contribution.

Your response was to talk about filling people in - you should walk the path of those of us who are afraid of violent people before putting that sort of comment out in public.
Dennis
07903 129 445

Dear Lord, please save me from the ex pert drivers (y'know the ones in black cars).

slim

Post by slim »

Enson.....he meant fill in his text with punctuation yourself.
By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be the boss and work twelve hours a day.

Bob Johnson

Post by Bob Johnson »

slim wrote:Enson.....he meant fill in his text with punctuation yourself.
:lol:

brummieadam

Post by brummieadam »

I really shouldn't be feeding the troll, but I can't help myself!

as should i !!!!!

If you need to convince other forum users not to comment on your posting style, I suggest you create a signature which claims you are dyslexic and mustn't be criticised for lack of spelling, punctuation and grammar. The difference between you and a blind or wheelchair bound person is that both of them show their condition and you do not. My brother is wheelchair bound and I regularly ask if I should catch him or watch him fall. He can't eat (feeding tube directly into his stomach) and I regularly tell him he should "try tasting this". Lots of people post on forums without much knowledge of spelling and grammar, that's the way they are, it doesn't mean they are dyslexic. Until you tell us, we don't know that you're dyslexic and deserving of special treatment and entitled to treat others with outrage and disrespect.

how about a cross on my door ? you need to look inside yourself first and foremost and ask yourself why you criticized and not expect others to have to demonstrate their failings , strangely enough the world doesnt revolve around you and the world doesnt need to make exceptions to keep you happy

My post was plain and simply intended to be flippant, funny and not to be regarded as a serious contribution.

guess what ? its offensive to criticize someone for something they have no control over , who would have thought that !!!

Your response was to talk about filling people in - you should walk the path of those of us who are afraid of violent people before putting that sort of comment out in public.

well done , thats exactly why i posted up a shed load of commers and full stops , clearly being a grandad means you miss the point easily

brummieadam

Post by brummieadam »

Bob Johnson wrote:
brummieadam wrote:i have no concept of where a commer goes or a full stop has a place , i drop commers in at random and rely on spell checkers at all times , i have no chance of knowing the correct placement and never will
Yes you do, or you wouldn't have placed them where you have, so you do, infact, have a chance of knowing.
completely correct , i must remember to pass it onto the psychiatric nurse who assessed me as a child that all she needed was opinion off the internet , the iq test , the many many forms i was asked to fill in , the check up by the doctors were all to waste ............ :no: fair enough your sticking up for your friend but hes acted a dik and hasnt the humility to simply apologize and temper his attitude , you labellings yourself the same

i write phonically , a change of subtext gets a new line , i spell by memorizing individual words but have no real grasp on the structure of lines and sentences and there correct placement , commers are slung on the end of a spoken line , the law of averages says i must get it right half the time

Bob Johnson

Post by Bob Johnson »

Don't be such a pratt.

You said you had no clue at all. You obviously do as some were/are correct. Therefore, you had a clue.

Mike George
I used to be somebody

Post by Mike George »

brummieadam wrote:hasnt the humility to simply apologize
It's not going to happen is it?

You can tell them till you're blue in the face but most people don't believe things they don't have any experience of. I'm face blind and when I meet people I'm likely to see again elsewhere I say "I'm face blind and if I see you again I won't recognise you so please say hello."

Guess how many people have ever come up to me and said "Hello I'm Fred and I met you last week at wherever." That's right, none. They just don't believe it's possible to not recognise them.

I am an ex-owner driver and I run Shed 5 exchange for couriers
Shed 5 is the best-value exchange: join for £25, stay for free!

EnsonExpress

Post by EnsonExpress »

Mike George wrote:
Nor is his pre-warning. You say you tell people when you meet them that you are face blind. So when you meet them again and they disregard or forget what you told them, you have every right to feel disgruntled.

I suggested to brummieadam....
If you need to convince other forum users not to comment on your posting style, I suggest you create a signature which claims you are dyslexic and mustn't be criticised for lack of spelling, punctuation and grammar.
and like many, this forum has the facility to do just that. But
Dennis
07903 129 445

brummieadam

Post by brummieadam »

Mike George wrote:

You can tell them till you're blue in the face but most people don't believe things they don't have any experience of. I'm face blind and when I meet people I'm likely to see again elsewhere I say "I'm face blind and if I see you again I won't recognise you so please say hello."

Guess how many people have ever come up to me and said "Hello I'm Fred and I met you last week at wherever." That's right, none. They just don't believe it's possible to not recognise them.

a hidden affliction , no fun at all , i can imagine each face is a trigger to a whole world conversations and affections , i can also imagine people must think your shirty all the time as you wont bring a warm welcome whenever you meet people , that must be a trail everyday , i think i know which affliction id prefer

my issues stemmed from when i was a child as it was thought at school i was retarded as i simply couldnt get a grasp , autism wasnt a buzz word so that wasnt thought of and yet teachers thought i was just an oddity as i was top of everything else , at secondary school i was top 2% for maths and yet couldnt read my own writing back again , 1 teacher had heard of dyslexia and asked for an IQ test of me as i couldnt be placed in classes easily , thankfully she had heard of word blindness and the rest is history

slim

Post by slim »

Same deal with Aspergers Syndrome, which can be any level of grey between black and white, but tends to manifest itself firstly in the simple inability to recognise someone is taking the p.......resulting in misunderstandings generally with the unknowing parties believing someone is being gullible or stupid.
What the person with Aspergers is doing is giving you the benefit of doubt because they take you literally, and fail to see the nuances in conversation, inflection, tone of voice, have less effect than the words used.
Text generally is less of a problem.

These invisible conditions though cause havoc in communication. Maybe some leeway is called for when a new member starts posting. The forum has become a bit 'anti' of late.
By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be the boss and work twelve hours a day.