Citysprint

Gripes, moans, whines and complaints - get it off your chest!
nads

Re: Citysprint

Post by nads »

Rwill, I stuck it to them good don't worry. I refused to sign their contract and gave them home truths.

I am not a vulture, I don't feed off the weak, I don't like those that do.

CS wasn't for me, I have moved on and its going well, but I have friends who are caught up in a CS takeover. I would like them to get on and survive. If they are not going to and I can warn them I will. I don't want to give them false info so am seeking to clarify it.

nads

Post by nads »

Quick update 6 weeks into a CS takeover .

My mate has had no back loads, his earnings are way down. Other drivers saying the same he has spoken to.

Early days yet though.

IRMA777

Post by IRMA777 »

nads wrote:Quick update 6 weeks into a CS takeover .

My mate has had no back loads, his earnings are way down. Other drivers saying the same he has spoken to.

Early days yet though.
There is "NO EARLY DAYS YET" to think about... this IS how it is..... your man should have had his exit strategy in place by now...... :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:

nads

Post by nads »

Silly sod has hgv 2 last 3 years not used it.

peterharveyhampshire

Post by peterharveyhampshire »

nads wrote:Silly sod has hgv 2 last 3 years not used it.
Tell him to get he's CPC done and jump ship !
I get £10 agency working

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
To many parcels not enough hours in the day

nads

Post by nads »

He has it as a contingency but it looks like he will be going Hgv soon.

I had a run to Manchester in my small van yesterday from Northampton, only a single so not a good payer. I am getting 60 mpg if I'm careful in the Bipper.

On the way home I passed a CS van , old shape berlingo, I can achieve the 60 mpg at 60 to 65 mph. He was crawling along the M6 doing about 45 to 50. Where do they get the word Sprint from ? The drivers can't afford to Sprint !! Also I thought they liked up to date vans, this one was 04.

peterharveyhampshire

Post by peterharveyhampshire »

I've had a varied week 2 nights delivering car parts to dealers easy work as the roads are empty and as I've have keys to parts room every ones in [WINKING FACE]
Then 2 days delivering trollies of plants to garden centres with a night stop over in Kings Lynn
Both driving 18t
Next week 1 day frozen delivery and 2 days stock steel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
To many parcels not enough hours in the day

nads

Post by nads »

8 weeks in only 2 backloads , earnings way down, underpayments blamed on errors, overpayment taken back following week even though underpayments were outstanding from same week. 25 quid security check charged even though he already had one on file. Had to do free return back from delivery point of two pallets, no space for any mythical back loads.

EnsonExpress

Post by EnsonExpress »

nads wrote:8 weeks in only 2 backloads , earnings way down, underpayments blamed on errors, overpayment taken back following week even though underpayments were outstanding from same week. 25 quid security check charged even though he already had one on file. Had to do free return back from delivery point of two pallets, no space for any mythical back loads.
So would you say it's not a good idea to work for them, or is the jury still out?
Dennis
Renault Kangoo with carpeted floor and folding bulkhead. 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.4m.
07903 129 445

Dear Lord, please save me from the ex pert drivers (y'know the ones in black cars).

nads

Post by nads »

I would say that Enson but CS are still feeding off Crisis old customers and some drivers are getting good runs be it with few back loads.

It's still not cut and dried. I jumped ship and my work has increased over what Crisis were getting me. I took the risk but the others stayed , I didn't want to advise anyone else to do the same without evidence.

All I could do is get them to do their own research and understand the contract.

Rwill

Post by Rwill »

Well at nine weeks since the takeover of Crisis Couriers any driver still there will shortly be invited to the CS long service awards the average seems to be between a week and a month.

nads

Post by nads »

Rwill, the remaining drivers still get the old Crisis rate for Crisis customers, City Sprint work pays 70 to 80 pplm. It seems little CS work has come in yet.

My mate challenged a significant under payment to be told yes there was an error. But he had to bring it up, however when they realised there was an overpayment, they deducted it straight away with no warning. Both errors were in the same week .

If the erosion is going to take place, it will be slower than normal I would expect.

IRMA777

Post by IRMA777 »

:wink: They will also need to factor in, that CS will NOT retain all there new clients...FACT.

The good news is, you could mop up some of your old customers..... LIKE THE ONES WHO CAME RUNNING TO ME AFTER A FEW WEEKS of CS..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

legrysexpressltd

Post by legrysexpressltd »

If your only getting 30mpg out a pannel van might be time to either look at your driving style or get something more economical

The thing with city sprint is don't touch them with a barge pole it wont change backloads etc are rocking horse poo. They are few and far between when I was at dhl afew drivers were moaning that they never got returns but they never rang round independents locally or to be honest couldn't be bothered to the drivers have to be proactive if it means joining the yellow place then that's what it will take its the only way they will make any sort of profit. Cs rely on people accepting what they say is gospel and its no different anywhere else.

nads

Post by nads »

I borrowed a 14 plate sprinter Luton last week. Mine was having a new tail lift motor fitted, 700 quid.

I managed to get the mpg of the sprinter down to 25 or as good as 28.

My 05 Transit Luton returns 22.

Also with me Sat in it, Transit empty weighs 2650, Sprinter 2640.

nads

Post by nads »

City Sprint today sent out reminders to drivers not to exceed domestic driving hours in the form of two text images.

One of the messages basically says if the job you are offered takes you over your hours, you should not accept it.

legrysexpressltd

Rates will be going up then because you cant even break even doing there work within drivers hrs regs

Bob Johnson

Post by Bob Johnson »

legrysexpressltd wrote:Rates will be going up then because you cant even break even doing there work within drivers hrs regs
Reminding people not to exceed the hours, isn't the same as checking to ensure they don't.....

legrysexpressltd

True but they would have an idea from the tracker you pay for so what ever reason. They still bear some responsibility

Bob Johnson

Post by Bob Johnson »

legrysexpressltd wrote:True but they would have an idea from the tracker you pay for so what ever reason. They still bear some responsibility
I don't think they would have any responsibility, as they have a contract with a sole trader, they can argue that sole trader can use their further sub-contractors to do the work. Easy get out for CS. Now they are sending these messages they are backside covering.

nads

Post by nads »

The text came through to the drivers phones. So I guess this info goes into the non rubbish pile of what I say.

DeiEx

Post by DeiEx »

Ive got an interview/meeting regarding working for CS next Monday as owner driver.

I asked for details, terms, charges, info etc during the email process - response was it will all be discussed at interview :rolleyes: This makes me skeptical but I will be pragmatic and go anyway, I know what is and isnt ok for my own purposes, Ill not be agreeing to anything counter productive.

Whats wrong with disclosure of that info up front? I can think of reasons but no good ones from my perspective.
Based in Newcastle NE40 (North East).

VW T5 2.5 SWB 4motion van. GIT £10k PL £2M. Sat Nav and experienced driver.

Available for work, local or national.