Citysprint

Gripes, moans, whines and complaints - get it off your chest!
sib

Citysprint

Post by sib »

Citysprint need i say any more. Worst company ive ever worked for. Anyone else found this

IRMA777

Re: Citysprint

Post by IRMA777 »

Plenty on here about them.......... please enlighten the world with your experiance of them especially if it is recent....they may listen,and you might just save somebody from the same fate. :lemon:

M&P

Post by M&P »

I actually spoke with a local depot the other month, purely to use them as a source of return loads for the other work I do.

XLWB Sprinter rates of 80pplm, but some customers get it cheaper :yikes:

Needless to say I didn't bother actually visiting the depot :lemon:
Whoever said 'nothing is impossible' obviously hadn't tried slamming a revolving door

stuarte

Post by stuarte »

May I share my very recent experience of the above company?
I went to hear what they might offer me about 3 weeks ago.
After being told their top driver earns about £3000 per week, I did work out that that may be possible with constant work being fed through the PDA and having multiple consignments.

I went for my training and after 4 minutes ( I learnt how to spell PDA!!) I was let loose with a second hand fleece and non functioning tracker to seek my fortune. To add to this I was offered 63 - 75pplm and worked out this was still possible in time if I could learn the ropes over time.
I have now acquired my first invoice and found out they have paid me 47pplm.
there has never been any back runs from any of the 35 depots and when i questioned the "team" last Friday I was told it was ok to hand back my equipment.
My summary of this if anyone wishes to read it is that they are not the slightest bit interested in you and probably never will be.
I do not know how they got so big if they are. Needless to say I will be handing back my equipment as soon as they pay me what is owed to me.
As a novice I would offer my humble advise and stay well clear.

IRMA777

Post by IRMA777 »

Good reply, the trouble is most people who have had the misfortune to work for them do not post about their experience for whatever reason.I'm glad you saw the light so soon,many don't until it's too late...... and before you know it, your up to your eyes in debt, especially if you go down the route off hiring a van off them as well..... :blahblah: :blahblah: :lemon:

stuarte

Post by stuarte »

Sorry to have to harp on about a subject that has been covered multiple times but I feel some willing newcomers might need to hear this.
I recently joined City Sprint as I have posted before.
I am waiting for a CRB certificate which to date has not appeared.
Being of fairly high IQ I decided to ring Disclosure Scotland who would give me an update on my application.
You guessed it no application made, even though they have charged me for it.
I have done multiple runs for them without the check and have been to a few relatively secure places one being AON Hewitt who handle all manner of legal documents.
I rang head office in London and they told me in between pauses that I could not tender my services until the check is complete.
I ask why then have I been let loose to reek havoc without anyone confirming my background.
Incidentally I do not have any record but they dont know that.
I implore any new comer to use their high tech sat nav and deviate from any office of theirs.
Please!!!

stuart webber

Post by stuart webber »

They got so big by moving into a area, underbidding the compition. then as they go bust they buy them out for a nice cheap offer.

In fact the rates they charge are often less than the going rate most rider's or drivers get paid else where.

Basicly they don't care how much they charge as they pay the courier something like 50% of the taking for the job which is so low in the first place even if they gave you 100% youd go bust.

They neither care about there customers or there subbies, or even there franchises for that matter.

The quicker the word gets out the quicker people will stop working or buying work from them. We can only pray.

Theres only one thing lower in my book than a CEO(civil enforcement officer) and that's City Sprint (My thoughts not COD forums)

Needless to ay I don't like them and have personaly seen a lot of budy'es go bust trying to work for them as there PR people are xtreamly good.

If there's any doubt read there terms of tender, if you can get hold of one as they wont allow any one to have a hard copy. these terms show you just how they operate. guess ill have to have another 'interview' with them and obtain an image to post on line for the world to see.
Some times your the windscreen

some times your the fly

Crappycitysprint

Post by Crappycitysprint »

Citysprint are dishonest. Many times they will quote you a price and when invoice comes thru it is lower?? They are only concerned in profits and not drivers. Also have been in the office many times when they are adjusting there customers invoices to show a job price with another hundred added to it. They say customer never notice. Have many occasion of mistreatment of couriers and customers. Also they hire vans to there drivers without courier insurance , they are covered by even tech business insurance but you will need courier insurance if you want to work for them. Modern day slavemasters preying on people's musfortune

RLT

Post by RLT »

rubbish wrote:Citysprint are dishonest. Many times they will quote you a price and when invoice comes thru it is lower?? They are only concerned in profits and not drivers. Also have been in the office many times when they are adjusting there customers invoices to show a job price with another hundred added to it. They say customer never notice. Have many occasion of mistreatment of couriers and customers. Also they hire vans to there drivers without courier insurance , they are covered by even tech business insurance but you will need courier insurance if you want to work for them. Modern day slavemasters preying on people's musfortune
DON'T work for them then :rolleyes:

IRMA777

Post by IRMA777 »

:yawn: How long have you worked for them ?? And how long did it take to realize they are bloodsuckers.....
:lemon: :lemon: :lemon:

Crappycitysprint

Post by Crappycitysprint »

I still work for them ?? They always want u to do jobs that pay as low as £2.50 , sometimes meaning it costs u to do there delivery? This will make u laugh. They have been charging there customers 5-8% fuel surcharge on jobs for about 2 years, they don't even have a fuel bill and just started passing onto drivers now, but they pass on about 2% of it only. What a joke of a company

MK BIKER

Post by MK BIKER »

With so many of their drivers rubbishing them I'm surprised they are still in business, wake up and smell the urine thats being extracted

Bob Johnson

Post by Bob Johnson »

People shouldn't be so stupid.

Sub-contractors run their own business, if they are stupid to not charge those who sub-contract them that's their problem not CS.

slick

Post by slick »

I think stupid is a bit strong,you are told a pile of poop but unless you have experience you will not see through it,then you are already in the system thinking where is the grass greener? lets not forget that these are experienced people taking the **** out of others who are only trying to make a living.If you are one of the chosen one's you can make money ,if not(most) get out quick because they will not tell you that you won't make money they will let you carry on covering the jobs that they are happy to give to you(deadlines at silly rates,awkward runarounds where you know you are not getting anything with it and any other kipper they can throw in your direction)which takes the dregs away from the favourites.

EnsonExpress

Post by EnsonExpress »

slick wrote:I think stupid is a bit strong
And you are right.

I have done one job for CS, during the transition period after they bought out Lewis Day - I was a regular LD subby, but not as a tied/retained driver, so I was not automatically transferred with account details etc. It took me six months to get the money out of them.

But critics should think about the subbies who get trapped in that company. I was lucky in that I didn't get taken on because I got their T&Cs and thought I just couldn't jump that high through their hoops so I never filled it in. But others had no other source of work. And contrary to what some may think, it's not easy to jump ship - if you've been on a poor rate, you obviously haven't earned enough to build a pool of working capital to tide you over during the lean months before you get something better - the bills still have to be paid.

So whilst everybody is very correct about "don't work for them and others like them", it won't happen because the poor trapped guys can't get free without starving not only themselves, but their wives and children!

Maybe we should start a site for people to make these "don't work for them" recommendations, where the recommenders ALSO hand over a chunk of cash to build a fund for the trapped ones?
Dennis
Renault Kangoo with carpeted floor and folding bulkhead. 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.4m.
07903 129 445

Dear Lord, please save me from the ex pert drivers (y'know the ones in black cars).

AjSidneyco.com

Post by AjSidneyco.com »

They also buy up big city courier forms customer accounts, that is how they got so big. a bit like window cleaners buy up rounds sort out the wheat from the chaff and then keep the cream. It has been going on in london for years.
unfortunately there are so many starters in this game that there is a cue a mile long waiting to get in a van and be their own white van man. The one good thing is there is much less shelf life and it takes 6 months to realise you are being mugged off rather than 18 months. I deter anyone who is wanting to start out and most never believe me they think you are trying to protect my own business but i am honestly giving helpful advice!!
if you have no customers dont bother, as you will be working for less than minimum wage and end up in debt up to your eyeballs
hands up who likes comics?
http://www.webfluid.co.uk

ray valentine

Post by ray valentine »

AjSidneyco.com wrote: sort out the wheat from the chaff and then keep the cream. I
If you ever think of giving up this job Do not take up farming.
Ray Valentine Refrigerated Vans. The Experienced Norfolk based
Temperature Controlled Courier.

AjSidneyco.com

Post by AjSidneyco.com »

...could say the anti swear filter did it though!
hands up who likes comics?
http://www.webfluid.co.uk

Jim Miller

Post by Jim Miller »

A firm I subbied for in Leeds sold out to City Sprint, so I transferred over and worked as a subby for them for a couple of weeks. I soon found out that, despite sending CS my invoices which demanded payment within 30 days, they arrogantly thought that they would pay me after 60 days!! Needless to say, I dumped them, and now work for another local courier company who pay me just 7 days after I do any work for them.

slim

Post by slim »

Until their Director gets an offer he can't refuse????? Good luck.
By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be the boss and work twelve hours a day.

slim

Post by slim »

Until their Director gets an offer he can't refuse?

When big money gets chucked around many have one eye on their principles, but another on their books and hardly want to see a downturn created by aggressive selling of low rates local to them.........lower turnover, lower value. Seems as though several Directors have got this message recently.
By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be the boss and work twelve hours a day.

bob harrison

Post by bob harrison »

I see City Sprint took over Dash-it couriers in Southampton,so I wont be doing any more work for them. :no:
every days an adventure,