London buses

Gripes, moans, whines and complaints - get it off your chest!
Peter Shram

London buses

Post by Peter Shram »

I have always tried to abide by the new Highway Code regulation about giving way to buses but, recently, I have been cut up by a couple that just push in regardless and had one pull across me when I was indicating left to turn left over Vauxhall Bridge, stopping me form entering the empty left hand lane. For this reason I no longer bother to let them out.

Has anyone else had similar problems? They've got their own lane as it is!
PTC Sameday - Call 07 508 031 031
Transit Connect LWB T230 L90
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

AlunL
Resident Gestapo

Re: London buses

Post by AlunL »

The Highway Code doesn't count in London. It's everyone for themselves there!
Alpact Couriers & Motorcycle Movers - Ring Alun on 07770 642913
info@wemovebikesandquads.co.uk
http://wemovebikesandquads.co.uk/

MK BIKER

Post by MK BIKER »

My brother drove a London bus for a few years and was told if you're going to have to brake hard in which someone is likely to injure themselves on the bus make sure you hit someone to claim off :yikes:

Peter Shram

Post by Peter Shram »

AlunL wrote:The Highway Code doesn't count in London. It's everyone for themselves there!
I've got a couple of A4 messages ready (at last!) to be laminated and magnetized go on the back of my van. I think I'll upset a few cyclists!
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

bradley jones

Post by bradley jones »

Why not put the old bill stickers back on ? thanks for your help this week :icon_kiss: x

Peter Shram

Post by Peter Shram »

bradley jones wrote:Why not put the old bill stickers back on ? thanks for your help this week :icon_kiss: x
Always a pleasure mate
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

slim

Post by slim »

Peter,whatever your signage says it will be like a red rag to a bull.....if it instructs cyclists .....be prepared for the pro pushies to give your panels a good denting with their metal cleated shoes, or a deft elbow, plus every sock sandaled green beardie mocking you religiously at every traffic light by deliberately positioning themselves right in front of you and pedalling off at 1mph.

Chill pill.
By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be the boss and work twelve hours a day.

slim

Post by slim »

Just be thankful you are not fending off the bendy buses........except they never really got rid of them because four buses in a nose to tail convoy have much the same effect.

My top four road users to be wary of on London streets.

1) Large Post office vans, especially those with the rear pull down shutters. The nearest thing to a dodgem car there is..........give a wide berth at all times.

2) A certain companies cabs, the driver of which may have spent yesterday driving in Addis Ababa and still thinks he's there........lane discipline and indicators don't compute, in fact nothing computes outside his tunnel vision and braille sat nav.

3) Pro pushies...........lightning quick and come from everywhere without warning, especially the blind space behind you as you park and open your door into traffic.

4) Pedestrians.........shocking sense of self preservation,..... if I had a quid for every time I have stopped for a pavement zombie as they walked obliviously out into the street in front of me I'd be as rich as Beckham.

PS London buses have a dozen or more cameras monitoring internal and external events, forward facing for recording bus lane infractions, and the others to catch Peters.
By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be the boss and work twelve hours a day.

Peter Shram

Post by Peter Shram »

Bring 'em on, they have nothing to catch me for.

My signage doesn't instruct cyclists by the way, Slim, it merely point's out why some give most a bad name.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

stuart webber

Post by stuart webber »

MK BIKER wrote:My brother drove a London bus for a few years and was told if you're going to have to brake hard in which someone is likely to injure themselves on the bus make sure you hit someone to claim off :yikes:

Got a mate who drives busses in brighton. He says the same. Also says it better to hurt a sinle pedestrian than hurt 30 passangers. :yikes: :yikes:
Some times your the windscreen

some times your the fly

AjSidneyco.com

Post by AjSidneyco.com »

as i pointed out to some goth weirdo bus driver the other month,

all those cameras are not going to stop me punching him in the face. it will hurt and i am ok with the fine if he drags his mirrors down the side of my van.

bike couriers that insist on getting in front at junctions by dragging there handlebars down the side of my van. i just opened the door to stop him.

DONT do it and wait like everyone else has to.
hands up who likes comics?
http://www.webfluid.co.uk

MK BIKER

Post by MK BIKER »

Sitting in traffic sounds like it frustrates you

AjSidneyco.com

Post by AjSidneyco.com »

MK BIKER wrote:Sitting in traffic sounds like it frustrates you
well i have been doing it for years now, and no not really. i just tend to lose it when my van gets scratched by bikers and cyclist dragging there handle bars down the side of my van just to be overtaken again as soon as the lights change. Pushes my buttons and usually ends with a scratch on my van and me getting the hump for the entire week.

No i do not hate bikers or cyclists as i have been both.....hate bus drivers though and if there were no buses in london there would be less accidents and traffic.
hands up who likes comics?
http://www.webfluid.co.uk

ray valentine

Post by ray valentine »

A good driver will position their vehicle so it is not possible for a cyclist to pass so close.
I am often seen stopped broadside at the lights.
Ray Valentine Refrigerated Vans. The Experienced Norfolk based
Temperature Controlled Courier.

slim

Post by slim »

ray valentine wrote:I am often seen stopped broadside at the lights.
Give 'em a touch of the Nelson's ( local hero )....a fusillade of grapeshot....they don't like it up'em.

AlunL
Resident Gestapo

Post by AlunL »

slim wrote:
ray valentine wrote:I am often seen stopped broadside at the lights.
Give 'em a touch of the Nelson's ( local hero )....a fusillade of grapeshot....they don't like it up'em.

Has Slim turned into Corporal Jones?
Alpact Couriers & Motorcycle Movers - Ring Alun on 07770 642913
info@wemovebikesandquads.co.uk
http://wemovebikesandquads.co.uk/

Peter Shram

Post by Peter Shram »

AjSidneyco.com wrote:as i pointed out to some goth weirdo bus driver the other month,

all those cameras are not going to stop me punching him in the face. it will hurt and i am ok with the fine if he drags his mirrors down the side of my van.

bike couriers that insist on getting in front at junctions by dragging there handlebars down the side of my van. i just opened the door to stop him.

Exactly.

Talking of not waiting, my wife almost wiped out a cyclist that jumped the lights in Welling the other day. :evil:
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

ray valentine

Post by ray valentine »

Peter Shram wrote:
AjSidneyco.com wrote:as i pointed out to some goth weirdo bus driver the other month,

Exactly.

Talking of not waiting, my wife almost wiped out a cyclist that jumped the lights in Welling the other day. :evil:
Better luck next time.
Ray Valentine Refrigerated Vans. The Experienced Norfolk based
Temperature Controlled Courier.

brummieadam

Post by brummieadam »

Peter Shram wrote:
is he there at a regular time :twisted:

dont have these problems around here we have...........

1. cyclists , shaved of leg and chin , pink/purple spandex , some coffin dodgers but many many moronic tools who just demand to be wiped out as they trundle down the 1.5 width lanes around here , they simply cant get in the way enough and get shirty when i call out there names ( its wayne kurr ) , i wouldnt mind the odd wiggins copycat to dodge but were talking shed loads , at least 20 a journey

2. horses , women do love a horse and trundling up and down the high street flicking the v`s at motorists who complain is what happens everyday , its a pikkkey blonde lady and her kids , she walks in the middle of the road while 3-4 others are on horseback , you have no idea how long our main road is until you get stuck behind this lot , at 5.30 theres a couple of posh fellas who then come out , they like to leave a gap big enough for a car between them and moan rather alot when someone sticks a car in the gap , then theres . getting there mules ready for appleyard ( or gate , i forget ) by driving range rovers up and down the street whilst an 8 year old holds the poor horses rains through a window

3 . the over 90`s , normally the very very worst cars ever made are driven by these folks , mirrors are for someone else , i know a fella that only uses first and second , you want to follow these folk around the area , frustrating doesnt cover it , there not long for the world so you would think they would want to get where they are going asap , the mallory park traffic find these people hrs of fun

welcome to the midlands ( thornton leicestershire )