new direction so new site

Show off your new site - posts removed after 28 days.
ray valentine

new direction so new site

Post by ray valentine »

I have given up the refrigeration side of my work, Covid put me in self isolation for three months and with all my customers shutting the doors i sold the van when some one asked to buy it.
I have now bought a small dry freight van. and to reflect the change in work i have redesigned the website. www.rv2.co.uk
RV2 Courier Service, The Experienced Norfolk based
Courier.

EnsonExpress

Re: new direction so new site

Post by EnsonExpress »

I’m no expert Ray but I do think you have too much on the new website. People will click out rather than read all that. Your description of what happens with big delivery firms is accurate, but not really helpful. My own opinion is “When I collect your goods and put them in my van, the next person to see them is your customer - You get personal service, door to door in one trip”.

Something like that. The long story about truckers and depots is for when you get to speak to the person who deals with send parcels.
Dennis
Renault Kangoo with carpeted floor and folding bulkhead. 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.4m.
07903 129 445

Dear Lord, please save me from the ex pert drivers (y'know the ones in black cars).

ray valentine

Post by ray valentine »

I totally agree, but it is all there as when i do a website check i was marked down on lack of content. It is pure padding and i know all that people look at is the phone number, so it is there to keep google, and the bots and spiders happy, and i am not even sure that works, it also contains some obscure keywords that may catch the eye of people searching for a competitor, did you spot them?
Courier.

EnsonExpress

Post by EnsonExpress »

Sorry. I made myself read all of it out of courtesy to you - I couldn’t comment unless I read it all. But I didn’t notice anything which struck a chord - I’m just a whitevanman who can read, not a website designer! And I disagree with your advisor. That extra stuff needs to be taken out of the way, not piling too much on the reader. I’m an idiot, not an expert, so ignore me.
Dennis
07903 129 445

Dear Lord, please save me from the ex pert drivers (y'know the ones in black cars).

ray valentine

Post by ray valentine »

Of course the idea of putting the link on this page was not for people to review the site, although other peoples thoughts are always useful, but the idea was to create traffic and that should push the site nearer the top of page one.
My advisor was a computer program that analysis the contents, it doesn't read the words just counts them, more words higher rankings.
Courier.

EnsonExpress

Post by EnsonExpress »

Apologies. I thought the idea was for other couriers to comment and/or offer advice on the website design and content. I never imagined that linking to the website in a post here helped create traffic to it. I thought the traffic idea was what caused some websites to have headers/footers with zillions of words.

Ignore me.
Dennis
07903 129 445

ray valentine

Post by ray valentine »

Do not ask me, i am just a van driver.
Courier.