E U in or out ?

General chat, news, views, jokes, moans, questions and anything else that doesn't fit on the other forums.
nads

E U in or out ?

Post by nads »

How would out affect our industry, how has being in affected it . ?

How you voting ?

bramble43
Site owner

Re: E U in or out ?

Post by bramble43 »

I'm undecided.

Whatever the way the country votes, it'll be an in, outcome.

Our government is as corrupt as those we've bombed some freedom into.
Motorcycle courier, same day / direct / timed, Nationwide and across Europe - Contact details on profile. Call or text for a quote.

nads

Post by nads »

Will European runs be affected ?

Will there be less Eastern European drivers here working for peanuts ?

Will any proposed 3.5 ton tachometer plans be scrapped.

Will there be less work ?

Do we care about the financial side, is the wider independent government outcome more important ?

I don't know either to be honest, I do know in 1973 we got duped into saying yes over a common market agricultural based agreement. But it turned out to be far more than that.

edger

Post by edger »

Bit older than most on here probably, but I can remember that we managed Ok without them, and for hundreds of years before that not being ruled by Brussels.
We will never be GREAT Britain again until we take over the running of our own country again.

Rwill

Post by Rwill »

edger wrote:Bit older than most on here probably.
You must be really ancient then - Enson gets his telegram from the queen soon and I am not far behind - TOM 6351 uses his freedom pass to go abroad and has been telling old wives tales for ages. Which links in with the effects to the transport industry. If you have ever delivered into Switzerland you will know of the paperwork, agents costs and time involved to clear customs at Dover and then again at the Swiss border. So a "simple trip" to Germany may if we leave involve paperwork and customs on entering France, Belgium and Germany - and if we leave they will probably make that as difficult as possible. It should be possible to minimise most of that with arrangements such as Norway have no EU membership but free trade agreements with the EU. It is possible that leaving would reduce the number of eastern European hauliers coming into the UK and give the UK road haulage industry a new chance but don't hold your breath. Amazon would have to pay real VAT as opposed to Luxembourg pennies so their goods would become more expensive and we may go to the shops again and the non couriers they self employ would be out of work............... and on and on and on. I have not made my mind up yet.

freddykrugger

Post by freddykrugger »

Out

qclife

Post by qclife »

1967: De Gaulle says 'non' to Britain - again
The french knocked Britain back about 5 times at the begining of the EU thretening the break up of the market if we were allwed to join.
So why are they so very keen on us staying in now then?

brummieadam

Post by brummieadam »

out i think on a 60/40 basis

cant think of a reason to remain in something my grandparents voted for when the conditions they agreed upon no longer exsist

If it became out then the UK would soon negiotiate trade regardless , it manages it everywhere else in the world so its a fool who would argue theres a gain to be had by staying in . The legislation as such is beyond a joke from brussels and its easier to deal with say USA legislation than the crwap from 200 miles away !!! Also theres that small thing of the 13 thousand ........ MILLION that the EU is happy to see off us given it then spends on its subjects ( US !!!!!!! ) just 4.5 billion of it . In return we get errrrrr we get no wait i can manage this .... ummmmmm oh i know , freedom to cross bourders but no wait were a soddin island so no , no we dont . The errrrrrrr im sure if i sleep on it i can come up with a thing thats in our favour , could take a while :evil:

I have still yet to hear a decent argument to remain in , im all ears though . As it stands im complacent and will do nothing .

Jim Miller

Post by Jim Miller »

I'm definitely for Leave. I voted NO in 1975 because I suspected that it was all a political project dressed up to be an economic one. Edward Heath knew that the British people would never go along with becoming a mere "county" of a huge Federal Europe, so invented the idea of a "Common Market" or European Economic Communtity (EEC) as it was known then. Please note : one of the first people to refer to creating a "European Economic Community" was Hermann Goering! ... and the current version is just as undemocratic as his would have been lol!

EnsonExpress

Post by EnsonExpress »

And we were democratic before? :lemon:
Dennis
Renault Kangoo with carpeted floor and folding bulkhead. 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.4m.
07903 129 445

Dear Lord, please save me from the ex pert drivers (y'know the ones in black cars).

brummieadam

Post by brummieadam »

EnsonExpress wrote:And we were democratic before? :lemon:
Its a good point for sure , the unelected civil service create statute and law thats signed off by the department heads ( MP`s) and passed through due process to become common law based on the whim of a political partys desires . There cant be anything democratic about that as a process and its just a few steps away from sadam insanes process of its compulsery to vote and theres only 1 party to vote for . Ours is more like akin to which old boy network would you like to vote for this time and its all tickety boo by us as we get a place in the house of lords whatever happens .

Maybe there are degrees of democracy ? theres certainly isnt accountability ... just look at the expenses scandel and yet whats awarded even today ? . Nepotism abounds regardless of what could be considered the correct way to act after the scandel ! a beautiful demonstration of the distaste toward the people they portray they represent

Rwill

Post by Rwill »

brummieadam wrote:
Its a good point for sure , the unelected civil service create statute and law thats signed off by the department heads ( MP`s) and passed through due process to become common law based on the whim of a political partys desires . There cant be anything democratic about that as a process and its just a few steps away from sadam insanes process of its compulsery to vote and theres only 1 party to vote for . Ours is more like akin to which old boy network would you like to vote for this time and its all tickety boo by us as we get a place in the house of lords whatever happens .

Maybe there are degrees of democracy ? theres certainly isnt accountability ... just look at the expenses scandel and yet whats awarded even today ? . Nepotism abounds regardless of what could be considered the correct way to act after the scandel ! a beautiful demonstration of the distaste toward the people they portray they represent
Do you know that's the biggest amount of drivel I've seen written down since infants school.

nads

Post by nads »

The democratic system we have is asking us to decide on the EU. A very important decision for us to make.

From a small cross section of people I am getting an out vibe both verbally and off forums etc.

I am thinking what is going to drive people to vote yes or no ? Disenchantment or fear of the unknown. Or of course informed opinion. The last being difficult as we are predicting the future.

EnsonExpress

Post by EnsonExpress »

Rwill wrote:If you have ever delivered into Switzerland you will know of the paperwork, agents costs and time involved to clear customs at Dover and then again at the Swiss border. So a "simple trip" to Germany may if we leave involve paperwork and customs on entering France, Belgium and Germany.
I drove all the way overland to Greece a couple of times before we joined up. On holiday and in a car my border crossings were relatively simple, just collect a load of stamps in the passports, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Austria, Yugoslavia, Greece. All those plus Italy and Switzerland on the way back. The queues of commercial vehicles were horrendous.
Dennis
07903 129 445

Dear Lord, please save me from the ex pert drivers (y'know the ones in black cars).

brummieadam

Post by brummieadam »

Rwill wrote:
brummieadam wrote:

Do you know that's the biggest amount of drivel I've seen written down since infants school.
no probs , demonstrate why ::D:

EnsonExpress

Post by EnsonExpress »

brummieadam wrote:
Rwill wrote:
brummieadam wrote:Ours is more like akin to which old boy network would you like to vote for this time and its all tickety boo by us as we get a place in the house of lords whatever happens .
no probs , demonstrate why ::D:
Easy - Tony Bliar hasn't been given a place in the House of Lords (yet). :rolleyes:
Dennis
07903 129 445

Rwill

Post by Rwill »

If you want to see the EU at its best lets go here to Denmark:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.73069 ... 916,12.54z

Danish politics is all about coalition and deals. So the MP for Ballerup was asked to support something he didn't really like so he asked if they would build a motorway through his constituency and then maybe he would vote in favour. So they obtained EU funding and extended motorway 17 a dozen or so miles so it ended in a field and served a small village and a golf club. So WE paid for it through the EU.

brad eufc

Post by brad eufc »

[quote="nads"]Will European runs be affected ?

i use two Eastern European o/d which i pay the same as a uk o/ds, the diffence is the EE drivers dont moan about everything i.e traffic, timings etc etc etc which really pi5ses you off !
As for the "there doing Spain for 350quid" surely its the same as the uk driver doing the same in reverse & there's plenty of them doing it !

brummieadam

Post by brummieadam »

[/quote]

Do you know that's the biggest amount of drivel I've seen written down since infants school.[/quote]

no probs , demonstrate why ::D:[/quote]

you missed me , waiting

im still after an explanation of why im talking drivel ( more than normal ) , id like you to point out what you percieve as incorrect and why

bob harrison

Post by bob harrison »

I know I am always wrong, because the wife says so but I think we should come out :wave:
every days an adventure,

GMC

Post by GMC »

[quote="brad eufc"][quote="nads"]Will European runs be affected ?

i use two Eastern European o/d which i pay the same as a uk o/ds, the diffence is the EE drivers dont moan about everything i.e traffic, timings etc etc etc which really pi5ses you off !
As for the "there doing Spain for 350quid" surely its the same as the uk driver doing the same in reverse & there's plenty of them doing it ![/quote]

Here lies the problem "the vicious circle"... the Brits are doing it on return or even daisy chaining to double the money to make ends meet due to high cost of living on this land to even survive, now the European counterparts are hard working and don't moan that's granted, but the cost of living in their country is a lot lower than ours and £100 goes a lot further so they can afford to live on less of a wage unlike us Brits, this then drives the value of the earning potential down, I don't have to quote it, it's there in Black n white through the eyes of the economy, you only have to look at some of the poorer areas of the UK and they will tell you a different storey...

I have been part of a "rights group"fighting Brussels bureaucracy on a few occasions in the past, some have got through while other ideas have been binned for a later date like maybe after the referendum and the outcome, but the point is I have the chance now to say "NO!" I don't want any unelected Europrat telling me what I can and cannot do, our own Government are elected so therefore can be un-elected if they make a poo decision..
"We are supporting the OUT! or Vote Leave! Campaign"
http://www.gas-motorcycle-couriers.co.uk
http://www.samedaymotorcyclecouriers.co.uk
http://www.motorcyclecouriersleeds.co.uk
Motorcycle & Small Van Available

brummieadam

Post by brummieadam »

Rwill wrote:
Never did respond , oh well , just goes to show :yawn:

Let me explain a little something if i may , my father stood for the arden borough in 1977 and as such i had no end of general political people around our house at any one point . My fathers best friend was the MP Ian Mills and he was one of many who would rock up for sunday dinner and to talk about the polictics of the day . This gave me an insite you can only glimpse . In other words your generalisation is misplaced and you are simply ignorant . The silence speaks volumes .