Courier Insurance renewal for the bikes

For all you hairy biker types and those that wish you were.

Postby bramble43 » Monday 18 April 2011, 12:40

It's that time again . Oh noes

Basics, 39, 2 years ncb, good area, st1100 abs 1999 & st1100 abs 1998
9 points, 1 non fault accident.
----------------------------------------

So far, start to get a quote from onesure insurance, message pops up, they'll ring me within 15 mins. That was 90 mins ago.
--
Swinton, I get all the way through every possible detail before a popup tells me if i want business or courier insurance I have to call this number to go through all the details yet again to get a quote.

So far been on hold for 14 minutes, another 9 going through details again and then back on hold.

2 mins to get prices, £646 tpf&t, £471 tp only

Now gone to have a word with manager !!!

Comes back with £50 knocked off the tpf&t price so now its £596.93

He's calling me back at midday.
--
called back early, 11:50
I've asked about having my 2 identical bikes insured on 1 policy, on hold again.

After 9 mins he comes back, then I remember to check it includes European usage

On hold again, another 6 mins and he says he'll call back so i'm not left on hold

£628.23, both bikes, euro usage, tpf&t, £250 excess

--------------------

Ribble, seem a bit useless, asked the questions. first and almost last question was dob, do they need it twice?
Said they'd try to call back within an hour, so that'll be 2 calls then as they didn't bother calling me back at the last renewal when I called for a quote.

--------------------

Bikesure
on hold again, got to love it.
Took only 1 minute to speak to someone.
10 mins of giving details, down to the finest pointless questions :evil:
On hold for 3 mins before they came back and told me they'd be double the swinton price
---------------------
Motorcycle courier, same day/direct throughout the UK & Euro - Contact details on profile. Please don't call asking for advice on becoming a courier. This is what the forum is for.
bramble43
Site owner

Re: Courier Insurance renewal for the bikes

Postby Ian Simmins » Monday 18 April 2011, 13:39

I like ebike. A lot more flexible, chop and change bikes without any admin charges and you can print your own certificates. Never tried them for courier but their website says they offer it. They are not the cheapest but I like the flexibility.
Ian Simmins

Postby MK BIKER » Monday 18 April 2011, 14:27

Their courier insurance was expensive but as you say user friendly if you amend frequently
MK BIKER

Postby bramble43 » Monday 18 April 2011, 19:43

Ebike is double what the swinton quote is.
Motorcycle courier, same day/direct throughout the UK & Euro - Contact details on profile. Please don't call asking for advice on becoming a courier. This is what the forum is for.
bramble43
Site owner

Postby AlunL » Tuesday 19 April 2011, 01:12

I got a really good price with Carol Nash... 6 years NCB, H&R, unlimited miles, Euro cover and breakdown for just under £260!

On a '97 TDM850 by the way :-)
Alpact Couriers & Motorcycle Movers - Ring Alun on 07770 642913
info@wemovebikesandquads.co.uk
http://wemovebikesandquads.co.uk/
AlunL
Resident Gestapo

Postby MK BIKER » Tuesday 19 April 2011, 07:25

Carol Nash never used to do courier Insurance til last year, whose the insurer?
MK BIKER

Postby AlunL » Tuesday 19 April 2011, 08:49

Aviva, and MCE quoted a similar amount... But as I've been with CN for donkeys years I decided to stick with them... Oh and it's TPF&T with a £225 xs.
AlunL
Resident Gestapo

Postby MK BIKER » Tuesday 19 April 2011, 12:09

Alun Lewis wrote:Aviva, and MCE quoted a similar amount... But as I've been with CN for donkeys years I decided to stick with them... Oh and it's TPF&T with a £225 xs.

Did they transfere your no claims from the SDP policy to the H&R one?

Made me spitting mad when I did mine as they refused to take into account 6 year ncb on a sdp policy!

now it seems anything goes......ebike gives you one years ncb after 9 months?? saw an advert on a bus the other day offering 95% ncb???? to careful drivers??? (yeah but the policy is 4 times the price )
MK BIKER

Postby bramble43 » Tuesday 19 April 2011, 12:24

Carol nash.
"Hi, i'l looking for a quote for courier motorcycle insurance......."

"whats your occupation?" :lol:

15 mins to do all the details and the price £447.61 :shock:

Full euro use, same cover as uk
AA breakdown inc homestart
legal protection
£1000 helmet and leathers cover
excess cover

Asked about having both bikes on the policy, £478.43 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Speak to Nial at Carol Nash. 0800 988 0261 ext 2528 and tell him you got the number from codforum
bramble43
Site owner

Postby bramble43 » Tuesday 19 April 2011, 13:02

Swinton courier motorcycle insurance want £18.50 cancellation fee for the policy i arranged yesterday, PLUS they're keeping the non refundable deposit i paid yesterday of £63 still leaves me £90 better off though and means we know who to avoid, Can't believe swinton motorbike insurance stich you up for £81 for arranging insurance 22 hours ago and that they've not even had to send documents out for it.
bramble43
Site owner

Postby AlunL » Tuesday 19 April 2011, 13:25

MK BIKER wrote:
Alun Lewis wrote:Aviva, and MCE quoted a similar amount... But as I've been with CN for donkeys years I decided to stick with them... Oh and it's TPF&T with a £225 xs.

Did they transfere your no claims from the SDP policy to the H&R one?
)

Yup!

Well done Nick, but I didn't get the £1k helmet & leather cover! I will get on the blower to them later...
AlunL
Resident Gestapo

Postby Carl Baxter » Friday 22 April 2011, 08:44

The problem I had with ebike was that they would increase the premium every time you amended your details, as useful as it was being able to change details every other month by doing so you'd have your policy recalculated at new rates every time.
I left them in the end as they doubled my monthly payments to something like £120 a month simply for changing to another registration of exactly the same bike! I also found their claims process didn't work very well with them and they weren't interested in trying to recover your losses. Also the fact that they are web based means you can't very easily get hold of someone, and attempts to contact their call centre means hours queuing, a lot of frustration.
When someone recommended Wicked Quotes to me I was amazed at the £200 insurance premium, have remained with them since. This years renewal just paid this week was £271 so I'm more than happy with them.
I had a few wrangles with their legal expenses policy when it came to dealing with an accident three years ago but with persistence it all came good eventually, just needed to tell them I wasn't happy with their paying off the other driver and ignoring my version of events (which NU the underwriters seemed to think was an acceptable outcome.) Suffice to say NU declined to underwrite my policy the next year but not a problem they sourced it somewhere else...
Carl Baxter

Postby bramble43 » Wednesday 18 May 2011, 18:08

Turned into quite a fiasco this one.

Had my third set of documents through from carol nash insurance today, guess what the exclusions are?

Not for use for hire and reward or for use as a courier

Just above that it states 'occupation - courier'

So, been on the phone having a right old moan today and been told it's now sorted and documents will be sent out again today. :lemon:
bramble43
Site owner

Postby AlunL » Wednesday 18 May 2011, 18:26

bramble43 wrote:Turned into quite a fiasco this one.

Had my third set of documents through from carol nash insurance today, guess what the exclusions are?

Not for use for hire and reward or for use as a courier

Just above that it states 'occupation - courier'

So, been on the phone having a right old moan today and been told it's now sorted and documents will be sent out again today. :lemon:

Same here... It was 3rd time lucky!
AlunL
Resident Gestapo

Postby bramble43 » Wednesday 18 May 2011, 18:34

Woo hoo

they emailed a pdf of the docs. Seems i can deliver pizzas as well.

bramble43
Site owner

Postby AlunL » Wednesday 18 May 2011, 18:50

bramble43 wrote:Woo hoo

they emailed a pdf of the docs. Seems i can deliver pizzas as well.

Can I have a large Hawaiian please?
AlunL
Resident Gestapo

Postby GMC » Sunday 29 May 2011, 19:32

Try MCE... ive been quoted 201. and steve at caarsk 205 for his pan.worth a try as i found that other companys are expensive even with max no claims discount.
"We are supporting the OUT! or Vote Leave! Campaign"
http://www.gas-motorcycle-couriers.co.uk
http://www.samedaymotorcyclecouriers.co.uk
http://www.motorcyclecouriersleeds.co.uk
Motorcycle & Small Van Available
GMC

Postby MK BIKER » Sunday 29 May 2011, 22:13

Do you belong to any biker forums?
Read MCE feedback?
MK BIKER

Postby stuart webber » Monday 1 August 2011, 00:12

I'm with Swinton at the moment and have to say i found them to be a bunch of idiots.

They found it impossable to send my docs to the right address as I was in Yorkshire at the time i insured the bike and i needed them to get the tax disc to ride home. Three times they sent out the docs and three times they sent them to my Hampshire address. in the end I drove home aand back to get the docs (500 miles).

Its unlikley i will use them next year, the policy is with AVIVA.

Last year I went to Wicked Quotes and they couldn't be more helpful and never got anything wrong, they were also fab when i had my accidents, but they wont do courier insurance any more !!!!

Why is it when you find somme one who knows what they are doing they no longer do what they do best ?

And your all right you ask for motorcycle coourier use and the first thing they say is what is your occupation. When Swintons asked me I said i was a brain surgen and i fanced dooing a bit of dispatch work for a laugh. Thick git didnt even see i was taking the I think i need my nappy changed.

TBH they want your money but don't want your trade.
Some times your the windscreen

some times your the fly
stuart webber

Postby Carl Baxter » Thursday 4 August 2011, 17:11

Wicked Quotes do still offer courier cover, but are not taking on new customers according to them at my renewal date. I was relieved as probably saved me the best part of a grand!
Carl Baxter

Postby stuart webber » Saturday 3 September 2011, 11:57

Your right Carl Wicked quotes might not be the cheepest but i guess you get what you pay for.

Had two offs last year and Wicked quotes were and are being brilliant, they are extreamly helpfull and listen to what you have to say. They also sell cover that works with out any problems and have so far never got any details for the work incorrect.

I just wish they still did courier insurance, couldnt renue with them as i didnt have a bike when insurance run out (was in hopital :roll: )

If they do courier insurance ever again i will be in the que to talk to them. Ohh and my NCD wasnt effected either!
Some times your the windscreen

some times your the fly
stuart webber

Postby MK BIKER » Wednesday 2 November 2011, 21:32

Just renewed my courier insurance with Carole Nash at £330 with 4 years ncb,top notch breakdown cover, euro cover and ability to add bikes to the policy ! :clap:
MK BIKER

Next

Return to The bike shed