courier street (was 'any ideas')

General discussion, news, views, jokes, moans, business questions that don't fit on the other forums.

courier street (was 'any ideas')

Postby ian » Thursday 3 January 2008, 18:06

Has anyone heard of a company called courier street?
I had a call from them today asking if i want work with them! as much or little as i need. Also reckon they only need a courier from Wolverhampton!
as they are hard to get...sounded like a call center to me but would like to know if anyone has any thoughts.. Cheers guys/girlz.

[faqtag courier street]
http://www.courierworld.co.uk
A real couriers forum
ian

Postby Anonymous » Thursday 3 January 2008, 19:07

scam

steer clear
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thursday 3 January 2008, 20:32

As with anything in life, if you haven't called them first... be wary.
Anonymous

Postby MK BIKER » Thursday 3 January 2008, 21:25

You know its intresting where these fools get your no. from.
Fingas, your a newbie arnt you?
So where did they find you
When ever registering with free sites use a phoney name like Mr Gas, I use Mr Bab, whenever its a call for Mr Bab, hes out/on holiday/in court today!
Works a treat!
MK BIKER

Postby ian » Thursday 3 January 2008, 23:20

Not a bad idea Mr Bab :lol: dunno where they get there info from but there is always the red button on your phone! that works just as well
A real couriers forum
ian

Postby MK BIKER » Thursday 3 January 2008, 23:32

They start to ring up and ask for you by name before telling you who they are, thats when Mr Bab comes into his own!! :lol:
MK BIKER

Postby Anonymous » Thursday 3 January 2008, 23:41

did they want £200 of you for the privalige of being there sole courier for that area i got a call of a company called customer street when i first started up they've got a right sales pitch sounds like its the answer to your prayers you have to sign up there and then as well no time to think about it they say there calling all the couriers in your area and its your only chance as the next person they call will be jumping at the chance that was my experience with them any way...tony
Anonymous

Postby ian » Friday 4 January 2008, 11:39

Dunno if they wanted money! They never got that far. I had a call on hold and that was more important. But they did try to call back a while later but i didnt answer anyway. A guy on one of the forums pm'd me last night n told me he payed a subscription fee and was happy with the service, But like i already said i put a lot of cash into this already without laying out more for broken promises and a snigger down the phone when payment has been taken...OOOHHH and while i was typing yet another call.. this has anyone had YELLOW PAGES calling to put them in a priority place for FREE? only to try to charge you 10 months instead of 12?

(BANNANA BOAT COMES TO MIND!)
A real couriers forum
ian

Postby MK BIKER » Friday 4 January 2008, 12:36

Be very care over people pm'ing you to say such things, it is not unknown for the actual people from these "Services" (for want of a better word!!) to join forums to big up their products!!

I will however say I am very happy with yell.com I started with them when only half a dozen in MK advertised (priority ads) with them. There are now however 3 pages of "priority" ads!!
MK BIKER

Postby Anonymous » Friday 4 January 2008, 14:10

mite be an idea to offer to introduce urself at their depot, if they try to fob u off i.e based on an island of the east coast of japan then wave good bye. we do our main mailshots through out december and january, so its about this time that we start to approach nu suppliers to us, not everyone is a scam

p.s we wont ask for money upfront............we just wont pay ya at all lol
Anonymous

Re: courier street (was 'any ideas')

Postby packet2pallet » Friday 4 January 2008, 16:21

fingaz wrote:Has anyone heard of a company called courier street?
I had a call from them today asking if i want work with them! as much or little as i need. Also reckon they only need a courier from Wolverhampton!
as they are hard to get...sounded like a call center to me but would like to know if anyone has any thoughts.. Cheers guys/girlz.

Courier Street is this lot :-

http://codforum.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4083

They phoned me up three times before Christmas....asking for "packet2pallet" :roll: a name I use only on here and Link4.

I had the same woman (Hayley)phone me on two of the occasions - I even put it to her that they had been trawling web-sites for clients / victims* - * delete as appropriate. :eyebrow:

She couldnt tell me my real name or the name under which I trade - makes for the ideal business partnership dont ya think? :?

Take it easy :wink:
Former Owner Driver.

I could be tempted back with the right offer !!
packet2pallet

Postby ian » Friday 4 January 2008, 19:37

They'r The Ones!!! :lol:
A real couriers forum
ian

Postby Digby » Saturday 5 January 2008, 16:20

MK BIKER wrote:You know its intresting where these fools get your no. from.
Fingas, your a newbie arnt you?
So where did they find you
When ever registering with free sites use a phoney name like Mr Gas, I use Mr Bab, whenever its a call for Mr Bab, hes out/on holiday/in court today!
Works a treat!

I think you watch too much Southpark :P
Nancy Astor: “Sir, if you were my husband, I would give you poison.”
Churchill: “If I were your husband I would take it.”
Digby

customer street ???????????

Postby Anonymous » Tuesday 8 January 2008, 20:13

hey guys,

I had someone from customer street call me the other day, here is his sales pitch"" hi this is (whoever) from customer street, we are looking for ONE sameday courier to work out of your local town.
We get around 43 inquiries per month etc ...and they will all become your customers should you do a good job for them..it only cost £103 to sign up for life..and only £29.99 pr month to cover our advertising and admin ..
Now im pretty open minded, so i asked for all hid contact details..and sure enough it was a legitimate company.
What i want to know is.......A is this a scam because i really think it is...or B..is it a fantastic opportunity.
What do you guys think!!
Anonymous

Postby RCD UK » Tuesday 8 January 2008, 20:17

Are you seriously asking advice about whether to go ahead with this?

If so, the answer is don't waste your time.
Simon Howes (DGSA) RCD UK (Leics.) +44 (0)797 363 5377 http://www.rcduk.com LEICESTER GB
Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor / External consulting - ADR Hazardous including Class 7 Radioactives
Exhibition & I.T. Installations, all supported to Gold Standard.
RCD UK

Postby ian » Tuesday 8 January 2008, 21:05

RCD UK wrote:Are you seriously asking advice about whether to go ahead with this?

If so, the answer is don't waste your time.

NO NO NO||| I maybe daft but not DUMB! :lol:
A real couriers forum
ian

Postby MK BIKER » Tuesday 8 January 2008, 21:30

send me the money and I guarentee 50 enquires per month!

They will all be me! :lol:
MK BIKER

Postby Anonymous » Tuesday 8 January 2008, 23:25

Pretty sure they get the info off CX as the asked for my company name i used on CX 2 years ago, and changed afterwards.

Suggest to them they supply the lead and invoice a %payment for the work successfully obtained and paid for.

If Courier Street REALLY were able to supply work, they'd sell to the big Courier Company's and let them sub it.

You cannot buy success, it has to be earned.
Anonymous

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Return to The interchange