Advice please

General chat, news, views, jokes, moans, questions and anything else that doesn't fit on the other forums.

Advice please

Postby M.A.F couriers » Friday 10 August 2018, 10:18

Hi, I have recently been made redundant from hgvclass 1 diving and looking for new challenge. Always fancied being owner driver courier. Any advice greatly appreciated with regards to best size van ?? (Have a friend who has 2016 transit connect 240 900kg payload for sale), courier firms to work for, best insurance covers to have & anything to maximise earnings. I have 15k to pay for a van & I’m based 10 miles north of Stansted Airport M11 junctions 8 & 9. Atlas express couriers has popped up a lot ??? I’m used to 12-15 hr days so am prepared to knuckle down.
Thanks very much in advance
Mick
M.A.F couriers

Re: Advice please

Postby EnsonExpress » Friday 10 August 2018, 18:55

Insurance you need is Hire and Reward, plus Goods in Transit and maybe Public Liability. First is the dearest, but also the most necessary. My insurance for a small van comes out around £1500 a year with 10 years NCB.

I'm surprised a Connect can carry a payload as high as 900Kg. It is not permitted to follow car speed limits because it's not a car derived van.
I'm surprised anybody is making HGV1 redundant and if you have no black marks, I'd have thought there are lots of firms wanting to employ you.
Dennis
Renault Kangoo with carpeted floor and folding bulkhead. 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.4m.
07903 129 445

Dear Lord, please save me from the ex pert drivers (y'know the ones in black cars).
EnsonExpress

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Return to Random Banter