So, about these spaceship miles..

Discussion, questions and answers about vehicles - bikes, cars and vans.

So, about these spaceship miles..

Postby AndyBee » Sunday 28 January 2018, 16:44

I've just passed 210k miles in my little Peugeot, and have concluded that while it's a decent economical engine I'm fully prepared for it to not last another year. In short how are you guys doing running your vans up to half a million miles? Are there any that will handle it with few problems?
AndyBee

Re: So, about these spaceship miles..

Postby EnsonExpress » Sunday 28 January 2018, 21:51

I renewed my first six Kangoos every two years, taking advantage of two years unlimited mileage warranty.

But this one is August 2013 and just coming up to 200k and I’ve ordered a new one for March. It’s the longest I’ve kept one and highest mileage, the two year ones reached 120 to 150k - I’m doing less mileage for better price these days, and lost five months this year with a leg injury keeping me off the road.

I’ve only had two noticeable faults - a warranty replacement alternator at 140k several years ago and replacement track rod end on this one a month ago.

I get average 55mpg.
Dennis
Renault Kangoo with carpeted floor and folding bulkhead. 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.4m.
07903 129 445

Dear Lord, please save me from the ex pert drivers (y'know the ones in black cars).
EnsonExpress

Postby IRMA777 » Monday 29 January 2018, 10:56

AndyBee wrote:I've just passed 210k miles in my little Peugeot, and have concluded that while it's a decent economical engine I'm fully prepared for it to not last another year. In short how are you guys doing running your vans up to half a million miles? Are there any that will handle it with few problems?

In my opinion, most modern engines do not have the reliability or longevity of older ones,they are just too complicated in order to meet emission standards.
On top of that,you have dual mass flywheels and six speed boxes which are not built to last.
Best small van was the Astra van, dti/cdti, good Izusu engine, had 340K out of mine before write-off,mate had 420k out of his before trading in.
IRMA777

Postby markgg » Thursday 1 February 2018, 14:19

hi

Previous vans

Astra Van 2001 210k Miles
Vauxhall Combo 2007 310K Miles
Peugeot Partner 2013 at present it has 179K still going strong hoping to get at least 300k.

Mark
markgg

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Return to Wheel nuts