Back again!!!

General chat, news, views, jokes, moans, questions and anything else that doesn't fit on the other forums.

Back again!!!

Postby cptransport » Tuesday 2 January 2018, 23:39

Hello all,,
Its been a while.
I was a regular visitor to this site a couple of years ago.I bought a van and got insured and off I went looking for work all over the net.I joined the free exchange sites,forums and sent out flyers and waited for the phone to ring.It didn't happen!!.So I started chasing work only to be outbid and let down by non or bad payers.
Slowly I ran out of funds to keep me going and started to quickly realise this is a new venture that is not going to happen.I got a call from a mate offering me to go back to my old job which I gladly accepted,i changed my insurance went back to work and didn't look back.
Now im here again,not through choice but more of I have to make it work this time.
Having a bit more knowledge about this job im now looking for work in the Manchester area.
I know things have moved on a bit in recent years and I don't want to be a man with a van but that seems to be all Anyvan is offering at ridiculous prices.
Im looking at joining a more reliable exchange site and hope to hear of a few suggestions or anybody who can point me in the right direction.
Thanks for any help in advance
Carl
CP Transport UK
£10000 GIT
Tameside/Manchester Based
cptransport

Re: Back again!!!

Postby EnsonExpress » Wednesday 3 January 2018, 23:28

Seek out local courier firms and make yourself known.

Go join Shed5 and make yourself known.
Dennis
Renault Kangoo with carpeted floor and folding bulkhead. 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.4m.
07903 129 445

Dear Lord, please save me from the ex pert drivers (y'know the ones in black cars).
EnsonExpress

Postby cptransport » Thursday 4 January 2018, 00:00

Thanks for the reply
I was looking in to that or CX.
Am I right in thinking things are quiet at the moment?
It would be interesting to hear from any local drivers on this forum to see how they are doing. Members seem to appear on here then disappear, i don't know if they quit or find work and don't need help from other members or keep there cards close the their chest.

Carl
CP Transport UK
£10000 GIT
Tameside/Manchester Based
cptransport

Postby EnsonExpress » Thursday 4 January 2018, 00:45

Some people are quiet, some are busy. It’s always like that.

Shed5 is not the most useful for finding jobs, but is invaluable for making contacts.
Dennis
Renault Kangoo with carpeted floor and folding bulkhead. 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.4m.
07903 129 445

Dear Lord, please save me from the ex pert drivers (y'know the ones in black cars).
EnsonExpress

Postby ray valentine » Saturday 3 February 2018, 11:54

Look for your own work first, identify local companies that may need stuff delivered, that is most of them.
Send them good quality flyers, follow up with a phone call, small businesses are often better to follow up with a personal visit.
If you need to sub contract, first try transport companies that only have lorries, not only will you be able to charge more but you will not be in competition with them.
Get a web site. 99% of my new work arrives via the net these days, i built my own as i wanted a different look to what the templates will offer, but any site is better than no site.
This is your business and you decide how yo do things, these days i only work two or three days a week, but in the past it has been seven days a week and sub contractors also working.
The world is your Lobster.
Ray Valentine Refrigerated Vans.
Temperature Controlled Courier.
ray valentine

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Return to Random Banter