I need a holiday

For all you hairy biker types and those that wish you were.

I need a holiday

Postby Steve Lee » Thursday 17 July 2014, 21:10

On Wednesday I saw the other half off on a train to Heathrow to catch a flight to Finland (that's where she comes from !)
We have a lovely summer cottage in the middle of a forest, next to a lake - sauna and all etc etc
Quite honestly I'm fed up (so is she) these past couple or 3 years I've not been able to join her.
But customers being customers and building a business just means that until I have someone to cover its impossible. (although I have a number of willing and able 'man in a van' - thank you!)
I already have too much work that I can cope with and have advertised for the last month and a half, but got only one applicant who just didn't get it.

I need a holiday !!! :cry:
Steve Lee.... Concierge Couriers Ltd
http://www.conciergecouriers.co.uk - Tel : 01284 711863 - Mob: 07532 002981
THE Courier on a Motorcycle providing quick delivery solutions throughout the UK and to Europe.
Steve Lee

Re: I need a holiday

Postby Redbikeboy » Thursday 17 July 2014, 22:41

That sounds a bit pants for you there.
Building your business up will be worth it in the long run.

You maybe get a few more applicants now you've posted that.
Hope things get better for you and you get a break.
Redbikeboy

Postby Rwill » Friday 18 July 2014, 08:56

I think you would have got a better response if you had advertised for someone to accompany your better half to Finland for the summer.
Rwill

Postby MK BIKER » Friday 18 July 2014, 09:39

I have been in this situation for many a year, often taking my phone on holiday to organise jobs, one cottage we rented in Scotland only had phone signal at one end of the house about 6 feet in the air, so I perched the phone on a top opener window and used a blue tooth headset while I was in the house.

Its only this year I've taken up an office and person to man the phone (I still prefer to be on the road at the mo) but at least I can take a holiday now ::D:
MK BIKER

Postby Mike George » Friday 18 July 2014, 10:52

MK BIKER wrote:one cottage we rented in Scotland only had phone signal at one end of the house about 6 feet in the air, so I perched the phone on a top opener window and used a blue tooth headset while I was in the house.

I did that once, and only remembered it when we'd done 50 miles on the way home. :evil:

I am an ex-owner driver and I run Shed 5 exchange for couriers
Shed 5 is the best-value exchange: join for £25, stay for free!
Mike George
I used to be somebody

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Return to The bike shed