A Bike will carry Anything?

For all you hairy biker types and those that wish you were.

A Bike will carry Anything?

Postby EnsonExpress » Tuesday 15 January 2013, 20:43

Well, I know bikes will carry anything, but is it really wise to use a sling bag off-the-shoulder?

Dennis
Renault Kangoo with carpeted floor and folding bulkhead. 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.4m.
07903 129 445

Dear Lord, please save me from the ex pert drivers (y'know the ones in black cars).
EnsonExpress

Re: A Bike will carry Anything?

Postby MK BIKER » Tuesday 15 January 2013, 21:01

TNT stopped their riders using those bags other than in & out of the buildings as one of them lost a bag including contents down the M1
MK BIKER

Postby Jack Bridgestone » Tuesday 15 January 2013, 21:03

Its fine until you crash (extra personal injury) :no: , just as bad is wearing the heavy duty motorcycle chain lock.
A man is most accurately judged by how he treats those who are not in a position either to retaliate or to reciprocate
Jack Bridgestone

Postby slim » Tuesday 15 January 2013, 21:21

Jack Bridgestone wrote:Its fine until you crash (extra personal injury) :no: , just as bad is wearing the heavy duty motorcycle chain lock.

Deja vu Jack, deja vu....:wink:

They can be handy tho'.........a biker working for me lost his bag ( including collections) off the pillion seat on the City rd which unbelievably was picked up by another biker who worked for an account we held, my number was in the bag.......i had it back in my possession inside an hour..........the meet up with the biker to get his collections was a bit of fun as I let him squirm a bit........the look on his face as i handed his bag back was well worth it. It was a big break for me too though as it had half a dozen clients work in it...,,phew!!.....and yeah the good guy got a drink.
By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be the boss and work twelve hours a day.
slim

Postby bramble43 » Tuesday 15 January 2013, 21:59

Funnily enough I found one of these bags in my parents loft the weekend while i was clearing out some of my old stuff.

Going to try to change the name label and keep it on the bike .
Motorcycle courier, same day / direct / timed, Nationwide and across Europe - Contact details on profile. Call or text for a quote.
bramble43
Site owner

Postby brummieadam » Saturday 24 August 2013, 17:30

hooked a car mirror with mine the once , thankfully at very slow speeds so nothing happened , i got used to bungying the bag to the top box not long after that as it was easier than having it flap around or giving you a dead leg when you forgot about it and stuck your foot on the footrest
brummieadam

Postby ray valentine » Saturday 24 August 2013, 17:52

bramble43 wrote:Funnily enough I found one of these bags in my parents loft the weekend while i was clearing out some of my old stuff.

Going to try to change the name label and keep it on the bike .

I can understand losing the bag on the motor way, but how could it end up in the loft? are you sure this is not one of the many that Santa losses every year?
Ray Valentine Refrigerated Vans.
Temperature Controlled Courier.
ray valentine

Postby bramble43 » Sunday 25 August 2013, 11:09

brummieadam wrote:hooked a car mirror with mine the once , thankfully at very slow speeds so nothing happened , i got used to bungying the bag to the top box not long after that as it was easier than having it flap around or giving you a dead leg when you forgot about it and stuck your foot on the footrest

I never use one now, either in the top box or bungeed to the seat.

Motorcycle courier, same day / direct / timed, Nationwide and across Europe - Contact details on profile. Call or text for a quote.
bramble43
Site owner

Postby MK BIKER » Sunday 25 August 2013, 11:15

TNT banned the use of them whilst riding when a rider dropped on on the M1 along with the contents of a bank run, after that they all had to be stowed away in transit
MK BIKER

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Return to The bike shed