Good places to get food

Diaries, blogs, stories about courier life, reports and pics of interesting trips, and general helpful stuff about traveling

Postby Anonymous » Wednesday 4 October 2006, 22:49

For anyone in the midlands this one is worth a try. First set of lights after leaving J7 of the M6 and heading into Bham on the A34, turn right onto the A4041 Queslett Road, after around 2 miles the layby on the left is home to the Bizarre Cafe.

Open 24hours this offers top food at good prices & plenty of parking to eat /rest. You can sit inside the mobile resturant too. Vending machines, TV everything you could wish for.

Simon
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Saturday 21 October 2006, 23:02

the reason its open 24 hr is that sandwell valley is a favorite spot for doggers.
Anonymous

eating again

Postby Anonymous » Sunday 29 October 2006, 11:54

Dropped in to a Garden centre off the A34 south of Oxford. South Hinksey or somethin, hadn't been for years. Quite enjoyable. Full cafe reasonably priced. Clean toilets, good parking and good access from North and southbound. Plus in a few weeks you'll be able to get your Christmas tree there :D
Anonymous

eats

Postby Anonymous » Sunday 29 October 2006, 12:03

why do seaside fish and chips taste so much better than anywhere else?

went to mablethorpe and proved it again last week, superb!

theres 1 in skeggy on the main drag past butlins as well, i never miss that one.
Anonymous

eating again

Postby Anonymous » Sunday 29 October 2006, 12:35

That reminds me. Did a Minibus job to Skeggy last week and have another in Nov. Just off the M180 on the way to Humberside airport. Barneys' cafe.
Anonymous

eats

Postby Anonymous » Sunday 29 October 2006, 13:13

red rooster cafe penrith
Anonymous

eats

Postby Anonymous » Sunday 29 October 2006, 13:52

thunderider wrote:the reason its open 24 hr is that sandwell valley is a favorite spot for doggers.

our spaniel will love it then...
Anonymous

another garden centre

Postby Anonymous » Sunday 5 November 2006, 17:32

Went to another of these garden centres "Wyevale" they're a chain. always seem to have a nice cafe at the back. This one was near RAF Cosford just off the M54. Coffee and B&E sandwich £2.95. Very Nice. They have a web site as well with a store locator if you want to plan a stop. :)
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Monday 6 November 2006, 17:47

Looking for a good cafe going up to Co Durham on Wednesday leaving Coventry at 5am any suggestion please.
:roll: :roll:
Anonymous

eateries

Postby Anonymous » Monday 6 November 2006, 19:25

TK Direct wrote:Looking for a good cafe going up to Co Durham on Wednesday leaving Coventry at 5am any suggestion please.
:roll: :roll:

im going at 5am tuesday, tip gateshead by 8am?....then eat the back legs off a scabby dog
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Tuesday 7 November 2006, 16:59

did you find that scabby dog and is their and scabs left :lol: :lol:
Anonymous

food...

Postby Anonymous » Tuesday 7 November 2006, 17:13

funny you should ask

went to the metro centre, tipped, a mile down the A1 was a big layby "kims" snackvan, food fair, "view" amazing....

if you get my drift.... ( . )( . )
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Tuesday 7 November 2006, 17:16

where was that on the A1 i must go tomorrow :oops: :oops:
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wednesday 8 November 2006, 21:05

A1 South bound from Darlington , 1/4 of a mile south of Junc 56 Barton at the end of the A1 (M) onto the A1 just under the bridge on the left , pop into see Paul And Liz in the Ducketts Lay-by fabulous food and a free top up of tea.
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Friday 10 November 2006, 19:28

cant think of the name of it but its a butty van on the A500 just off J 15 off M6 towards stoke ... cracking breaky + free refills
Anonymous

Best places to eat

Postby Anonymous » Sunday 4 February 2007, 23:35

Everytime im in Derbyshire I go to the Beacon Hotel

Burton on Trent Derbyshire.

8oz rump Steak, Fries and all the trimmings £6 and silly good it is too.
Smoking and non smoking, open 6pm evenings.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Anonymous

Postby Rapid Dave » Monday 5 February 2007, 14:37

Camel 1 Kebab Shop, Wilmslow Road, Rusholme, Manchester.
Rapid Dave

Greasy Lills

Postby Anonymous » Friday 16 February 2007, 22:09

Hi - anyone tried greasies on the A5 in Cannock?
Anonymous

Eating

Postby Anonymous » Sunday 4 March 2007, 20:35

Hi,
I'm a newbie as of 5 mins ago but gonna throw myself in.Bought a great book in a service station called Truckers Handbook.I used to drive artics but thats another story,anyway in the back of the handbook is 200 pages of places to eat,drink,sleep o/night,get fuel,you name its in there if its in the U.K. A bit dear at £15 but well worth it and it never leaves the cab.It,s published by Haynes.
Anonymous

Postby JJ » Monday 2 April 2007, 17:13

Anybody notice how Mike starts his first post by saying he doesn't eat much, he gives us details and then he adds a further two posts, one after the other!

And you go to all these places when your doing your window cleaning Mike? :wink:
Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today - cos if you like it today you can do it again tomorrow!
JJ

Postby Anonymous » Saturday 19 May 2007, 14:09

Cooler heaters work,i put some bread,butter and cheese in mine and accidently flicked the switch,the sandwitches made themselves,a bit messy tho',Rich.
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thursday 31 May 2007, 12:55

if you are in cornwall,WARRENS pasties cannot be beat and can be purchaced from any reputable pasty shop.

dear mr warren,please e-mail my free pasty to the address below.
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to The highway