Cheap Hotels / B&B's in the UK

Diaries, blogs, stories about courier life, reports and pics of interesting trips, and general helpful stuff about traveling

Re: Cheap Hotels / B&B's in the UK

Postby Mike George » Sunday 1 May 2011, 16:30

Whitmore House in Whittlesey near Peterborough, £35 for an ensuite room and cooked breakfast in your room, with kettle, tea and coffee in the room. On a main road but the rooms are in an annexe at the back so nice and quiet and has off-street parking.

I am an ex-owner driver and I run Shed 5 exchange for couriers
Shed 5 is the best-value exchange: join for £25, stay for free!
Mike George
I used to be somebody

Postby dave creek » Wednesday 4 May 2011, 07:49

Mike George wrote:Whitmore House in Whittlesey near Peterborough, £35 for an ensuite room and cooked breakfast in your room, with kettle, tea and coffee in the room. On a main road but the rooms are in an annexe at the back so nice and quiet and has off-street parking.

'My house' in Peterborough, serves a nice breakfast if you cook it yourself!

If you do need hotels or b&b in this area give me a shout
dave creek

Postby rob.tolley » Wednesday 23 November 2011, 15:04

dave creek wrote:
Mike George wrote:Whitmore House in Whittlesey near Peterborough, £35 for an ensuite room and cooked breakfast in your room, with kettle, tea and coffee in the room. On a main road but the rooms are in an annexe at the back so nice and quiet and has off-street parking.

'My house' in Peterborough, serves a nice breakfast if you cook it yourself!

If you do need hotels or b&b in this area give me a shout

I was going to say something similar :lol: :lol: :lol:
07712 439 437
Citroen Nemo 1.4 HDi LX
£25k G.I.T and £1m Public Liability
rob.tolley

Postby ray valentine » Wednesday 23 November 2011, 18:49

So if you are stuck at the other end of the country, that would mean that your bed is empty, so why not increase your profit by renting it to a courier who is looking for a N/O in your town?
Ray Valentine Refrigerated Vans.
Temperature Controlled Courier.
ray valentine

Postby M&P » Thursday 24 November 2011, 00:47

Stayed at a Travelodge last night (3 minutes from delivery) in Cramlington. Checked in at 12.45am, checked out 8.45am, no breakfast for £37. Saved me getting up at 4am and meant I could go onto Edinburgh and Glasgow and get home with busting a gut.
Whoever said 'nothing is impossible' obviously hadn't tried slamming a revolving door
M&P

Postby slim » Friday 2 December 2011, 11:50

One option that worked well for me, and may suit the younger fitter COD is having a premium membership with Virgin Active. They generally stay open until 10 and reopen at 0630, Parking might be an issue.

Circa £67 a month which isn't particularly cheap for gym membership, but when combined with van sleeping as a regular occurrence, the facilities to have a clean up/swim/sauna/jacuzzi at one of over a 100 sites throughout the UK is a bit of a bonus.

It certainly makes van sleeping a lot more civilised.
By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be the boss and work twelve hours a day.
slim

Postby rob.tolley » Thursday 8 December 2011, 12:58

In my old home town Stourport-on-Severn, there's Victoria Villa Guest House, it's a nice little place if you're in Worcestershire. Lovely comfy rooms, great breakfast and parking round the back. They have quite a lot of contractors staying there and there's plenty of pubs within a 5 minutes walk if you fancy a good 'pint & platter' during the evening.

£38 for a single room, including breakfast
Victoria Villa
07712 439 437
Citroen Nemo 1.4 HDi LX
rob.tolley

Postby maverick » Friday 9 December 2011, 11:22

rob.tolley wrote:In my old home town Stourport-on-Severn, there's Victoria Villa Guest House, it's a nice little place if you're in Worcestershire. Lovely comfy rooms, great breakfast and parking round the back. They have quite a lot of contractors staying there and there's plenty of pubs within a 5 minutes walk if you fancy a good 'pint & platter' during the evening.

Victoria Villa

Just gotto be good at fighting the resident travelling comunity :lol:
Loadandgo Light Haulage
Uk & Europe
www.loadandgohaulage.com
maverick

Postby rob.tolley » Monday 12 December 2011, 10:20

maverick wrote:
rob.tolley wrote:In my old home town Stourport-on-Severn, there's Victoria Villa Guest House, it's a nice little place if you're in Worcestershire. Lovely comfy rooms, great breakfast and parking round the back. They have quite a lot of contractors staying there and there's plenty of pubs within a 5 minutes walk if you fancy a good 'pint & platter' during the evening.

Victoria Villa

Most of the pubs don't let them in these days, although the one's they do let in are the well behaved ones.
07712 439 437
Citroen Nemo 1.4 HDi LX
rob.tolley

Postby maverick » Monday 12 December 2011, 22:34

rob.tolley wrote:
maverick wrote:

Victoria Villa

Most of the pubs don't let them in these days, although the one's they do let in are the well behaved ones.

pmsl we do the jokes here :lol:
Loadandgo Light Haulage
Uk & Europe
www.loadandgohaulage.com
maverick

Postby Peter Shram » Sunday 19 February 2012, 09:35

Only stayed over once, when I had a delivery to Bootle and watched Everton beat Man City. I stayed at The Banjo, a pub in Bootle with a B&B over it. £25 inclusive of VAT and make you own breakfast in the Kitchen (spam autoedit), where there were eggs, bacon, sausages, cereal, the lot. No tea-making facilities on the room but get one from the Kitchen (spam autoedit) whenever you liked. Room small but very clean and even had a digital TV so I could listen to all the Citeh fan's bitching on talkSPORT after the game. :lol:
PTC Sameday - Call 07 508 031 031
Transit Connect LWB T230 L90
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Peter Shram

Postby bradley jones » Sunday 19 February 2012, 11:15

Travellodge last week near Hull £42 inc vat watched the almighty Fleet get narrowly beaten at York the night before, 9am delivery in Hull :wink: stuck on m11 3 hrs southbound :evil:
bradley jones

Postby Peter Shram » Monday 20 February 2012, 08:56

bradley jones wrote:Travellodge last week near Hull £42 inc vat watched the almighty Fleet get narrowly beaten at York the night before, 9am delivery in Hull :wink: stuck on m11 3 hrs southbound :evil:

I heard about that. Probably something to do with the closure of the M25 that I heard about just in time to take the A2 for Blackwall
PTC Sameday - Call 07 508 031 031
Transit Connect LWB T230 L90
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Peter Shram

Previous

Return to The highway