Don't you just love students?

Diaries, blogs, stories about courier life, reports and pics of interesting trips, and general helpful stuff about traveling

Don't you just love students?

Postby EnsonExpress » Tuesday 27 January 2015, 08:08

Probably even more at this time of year when they are all going off to the ski slopes.

I had another job on Sunday, pickup in Bristol, passport for Heathrow. When I turned up it had changed from Heathrow to Gatwick and had 600 somethings in cash notes added.

I used to wonder how the next generation of this country's leaders can be so great that they can't remember their passports and even which airport they're at! And once I was concerned at the one who, when asked to "Sign and Print underneath please", asked "what's Print?"

But it pays quite nicely. :yikes:
Dennis
Renault Kangoo with carpeted floor and folding bulkhead. 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.4m.
07903 129 445

Dear Lord, please save me from the ex pert drivers (y'know the ones in black cars).
EnsonExpress

Re: Don't you just love students?

Postby orys » Wednesday 28 January 2015, 23:47

That's what money does to you - it spoils you!

I remember once when I was going for my trip around Europe I lost ID card and money, and, in turn, missed the bus. What I did? I managed to contact someone who was heading to the town I was in at the moment to go to my place and take my passport and then, having no money, completed my trip solely by hitchhiking. Hitchiking used to be pretty good way to learn life - all these things you saw, all the stories you heard...

No wonder that the ruling class in this (but also in mine) country is completely out of touch in reality if they cannot even be bothered to take care for their own fat bottom and if they get into slightest trouble, money solve it for them...

(Still, it's a nice little earner, I had it once as well. I was going from Glasgow to Edinburgh to pick it up and then straight down to Harwich)
orys

Postby Bob Johnson » Friday 2 October 2015, 23:33

stevy wrote:Life is not simple, in my opinion focusing to much may make you can't develop. Life always change, so why don't you give a try?

Yup, totally
Bob Johnson

Postby brummieadam » Tuesday 13 October 2015, 22:55

collected from a frieght forwarders the other day for a student , flats , 4th floor , books so heavy , 21 boxs, no lift , double yellows ....... oh joy

cup of tea provided and a cracking bottom :eyebrow:

i like students
brummieadam

Return to The highway