Full circle

Diaries, blogs, stories about courier life, reports and pics of interesting trips, and general helpful stuff about traveling

Full circle

Postby M&P » Friday 26 September 2014, 22:49

Not been on here for a while but it would appear that certain events in life make you sit up and consider things in a different light.

Beginning of last month I suffered a massive heart attack and only survived thanks to being around people at the time and the excellent work of the NHS, only to be followed by what happened with Tony @ MK. These put things in perspective for me and decisions were quickly made to help ensure it didn't happen again.

After a couple of years of building my own work up and driving ridiculous hours I've binned the large van (hotel Iveco) and gone back to being a small van subby. Less hours, less miles, less stress and unfortunately less money. But the saying 'there's more to life than money' is a reality for me.

I started on here as a small van subby and now I've gone full circle back to it. And I couldn't be happier ::D:
Whoever said 'nothing is impossible' obviously hadn't tried slamming a revolving door
M&P

Re: Full circle

Postby Mike George » Saturday 27 September 2014, 07:06

Sounds like a good plan - live long and prosper ::D:

I am an ex-owner driver and I run Shed 5 exchange for couriers
Shed 5 is the best-value exchange: join for £25, stay for free!
Mike George
I used to be somebody

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Return to The highway