I love driving...

Diaries, blogs, stories about courier life, reports and pics of interesting trips, and general helpful stuff about traveling

I love driving...

Postby Mike George » Monday 18 August 2014, 10:55

I haven't driven much for the past couple of years, but I went on an epic journey to Lancashire for the weekend and decided to take the scenic route through the Peak District. I got lost a few times because I didn't remember the route as well as I thought I did, I got nearly killed by a maniac overtaking on a bend, there were roadworks, diversions, confusing and missing signs, and nose-to-tail traffic in places. Then there was the backache, eyestrain, petrol-station sandwiches and coffee... I think I'll go by train next time :evil:

I am an ex-owner driver and I run Shed 5 exchange for couriers
Shed 5 is the best-value exchange: join for £25, stay for free!
Mike George
I used to be somebody

Re: I love driving...

Postby EnsonExpress » Monday 18 August 2014, 15:32

The Peak District is NOT that bit of the M6 going past, and north of, Birmingham. :no:
Dennis
Renault Kangoo with carpeted floor and folding bulkhead. 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.4m.
07903 129 445

Dear Lord, please save me from the ex pert drivers (y'know the ones in black cars).
EnsonExpress

Re: I love driving...

Postby Mike George » Monday 18 August 2014, 20:02

EnsonExpress wrote:The Peak District is NOT that bit of the M6 going past, and north of, Birmingham. :no:

That's right it's not - it's further to the east. I went through Burton, Ashbourne, Buxton, Whaley Bridge, Stockport, then admitted defeat and got on the M60 and M61. I used to come home that way if I was in the Manchester area on a Friday afternoon, to avoid the M6 congestion.

I am an ex-owner driver and I run Shed 5 exchange for couriers
Shed 5 is the best-value exchange: join for £25, stay for free!
Mike George
I used to be somebody

Return to The highway