Multi drop

General chat, news, views, jokes, moans, questions and anything else that doesn't fit on the other forums.

Postby martyn masson » Tuesday 17 November 2009, 08:50

Rwill wrote:As the industries non expert on multi drop I thought I would have my say.

I meet guys local to me who work for UPS who dont seem to be faized at all by "big" numbers over 120 a day even up to 180. When you quiz them further though they admit they are counting the daily number of cons not drops and that also their route is something like "Wallington High Street" ie a mile and a half of shops and offices on one straight road and all their goods are one kilo or less jiffy bags to totally business locations and electronic POD capture.

Me I get stressed out at anything over five and thats if I have been there before.

How many drops a day does a postie or a milkman do?

i do over 300 drops a night as a milkie currently :shock:
martyn masson

Postby bramble43 » Tuesday 17 November 2009, 08:54

My old man has a dairy crest franchise in Bristol and has over 700 customers on his route.
Motorcycle courier, same day / direct / timed, Nationwide and across Europe - Contact details on profile. Call or text for a quote.
bramble43
Site owner

multi drop

Postby syramax » Tuesday 17 November 2009, 10:01

have you tried parcelforum the guys and gals on there can tell you all you need to know about multi drop parcel delivery
syramax

Re: multi drop

Postby russell » Tuesday 17 November 2009, 17:43

syramax wrote:have you tried parcelforum the guys and gals on there can tell you all you need to know about multi drop parcel delivery

yes they really know their stuff especially when it comes to insurance :yikes:
elphicks courier service
lwb vw crafter 163,
tranny luton,partner.
07946 380941
russell

Postby syramax » Tuesday 17 November 2009, 18:44

i know ,and i agree they should have insurance, but my aim wasn`t say its ok not be insured,but simply to point someone in the direction of info on multi-drop,hope thats cleared up :oops: :oops: :oops:
syramax

Postby Frankus » Wednesday 18 November 2009, 10:49

russell wrote:
syramax wrote:have you tried parcelforum the guys and gals on there can tell you all you need to know about multi drop parcel delivery

Good idea, thanks for that. Am investigating.

Cheers
Self employed owner driver. Daventry based. Berlingo 600kg.
Full Hire & Reward, £15,000 GIT £2M P/L
Tel: 07737 170035
Frankus

Postby ch-logistics » Wednesday 18 November 2009, 16:59

russell wrote:

:lol:
Ch-logistics
‘Bringing Shopping Home’
tel: 07788 63 43 73
ch-logistics

Postby russell » Wednesday 18 November 2009, 18:31

ch-logistics wrote:
russell wrote:

:lol:

I cant understand how they think they are different than us, carrying goods 1 mile or 100 miles exactly the same.

the company happy with business use policy...they don't care if the cars not insured, not their problem they cover goods on their git that's all they are worried about.

i cant afford hire and reward on these rates so i don't need it :yikes:

seem to be burying their heads in the sand

as for leaving keys in ignition and engine running, doors unlocked i couldnt believe what i was reading
elphicks courier service
lwb vw crafter 163,
tranny luton,partner.
07946 380941
russell

Postby Bob Johnson » Wednesday 18 November 2009, 19:12

Well having been a police officer in my time I tried to register and explain to them that (simple terms may be needed) that if they need insurance to cover the correct useage, but they haven't authorised my account.

I can't believe the stupidy of some of those on there, they seem to deny the fact that its not for reward :roll:
Bob Johnson

Postby steve jones » Wednesday 18 November 2009, 19:28

Bob Johnson wrote:seem to deny the fact that its not for reward :roll:

This made me smile,there probaly working for so little there not making any reward.
steve jones

Postby Bob Johnson » Wednesday 18 November 2009, 20:21

steve jones wrote:
Bob Johnson wrote:seem to deny the fact that its not for reward :roll:

This made me smile,there probaly working for so little there not making any reward.

:lol: maybe thats their defence in court!
Bob Johnson

Postby CMD-Hants » Wednesday 18 November 2009, 21:08

Bob Johnson wrote:Well having been a police officer in my time I tried to register and explain to them that (simple terms may be needed) that if they need insurance to cover the correct useage, but they haven't authorised my account.

I can't believe the stupidy of some of those on there, they seem to deny the fact that its not for reward :roll:

Then you'd know that the actual offence of 'having no insurance' is actually defined as using a vehicle on the road which is uninsured against third party risks. Therefore, as long as they have a policy, they are covered legally. BUT ... if they have a prang and it is found out that they are using their vehicle for the carriage of goods for hire and reward, the insurance company is quite entitled not to pay up!
Therefore, they are legal - but the risks are all entirely upon their own heads!
CMD-Hants

Postby ben hughes » Wednesday 18 November 2009, 22:12

Whilst I agree whole heartily that they should have the correct insurance should the contractors be part liable for letting them do it in the knowledge that most are incorrectly insured???????

I assume that they have a copy of everyone's insurances.

Mind you having a read through that site most of them don't get the full drift of self-employment let alone anything complex like the correct insurance.
ben hughes

Postby CMD-Hants » Wednesday 18 November 2009, 22:19

ben hughes wrote:Whilst I agree whole heartily that they should have the correct insurance should the contractors be part liable for letting them do it in the knowledge that most are incorrectly insured???????

I assume that they have a copy of everyone's insurances.

Mind you having a read through that site most of them don't get the full drift of self-employment let alone anything complex like the correct insurance.

It's the fact that almost none of them seem to understand they're being taken for absolute MUGS that irritates me. Hermes/Parcelnet probably can't believe their luck!
CMD-Hants

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Previous

Return to Random Banter