Do you like it?

General chat, news, views, jokes, moans, questions and anything else that doesn't fit on the other forums.

Do you like it?

Postby codforum » Tuesday 13 November 2012, 00:05

Since there are so many of you on facebook i thought it best to have our own codforum page. click here for codforum on facebook
Feel free to 'Like' us and if you are a courier we'll like you back.
codforum
Site Admin

Re: Do you like it?

Postby jjmurphy » Tuesday 13 November 2012, 09:40

No, no, no, I don't like it!! PLease do not mess about with a codforum page on Facebook, it will only dilute the effectiveness of the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jjmurphy

Postby RLT » Tuesday 13 November 2012, 10:05

must admit I am not a face book fan, although I do have an account.

For face book addicts though It could be a good idea :confused:
RLT

Postby ray valentine » Tuesday 13 November 2012, 12:33

I thought face book was for 12 year old girls, i have an account but a lot of strangers came up to me and said they wanted to be my friend, if that had happened in a pub i would have been out of the door in a flash, i still cant see the point of face book or twitter, and have difficulty understanding the twitter posts i read, so my face book account lay dormant.
Ray Valentine Refrigerated Vans.
Temperature Controlled Courier.
ray valentine

Postby EnsonExpress » Tuesday 13 November 2012, 12:48

What a huge relief to find all the comments so far are not in favour. :clap: I was worrying that it was all going downhill from here onwards, but didn't like to say so because I thought all the rest of you were Big Girls Blouses. Now I know I needn't be afraid to turn my back when you are near. :suspicious:

Facebook is the spawn of the Devil! :yikes:
Dennis
Renault Kangoo with carpeted floor and folding bulkhead. 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.4m.
07903 129 445

Dear Lord, please save me from the ex pert drivers (y'know the ones in black cars).
EnsonExpress

Postby bramble43 » Tuesday 13 November 2012, 12:53

This is true but you know that Foden said that diesel engined vehicles would never catch on, look where they are now.

Must try to keep up or be left in the dust and 800 million users :shock: of facebook means there will be a lot of couriers on there that would benefit from using codforum.
Motorcycle courier, same day / direct / timed, Nationwide and across Europe - Contact details on profile. Call or text for a quote.
bramble43
Site owner

Postby EnsonExpress » Tuesday 13 November 2012, 12:58

Remind me - who Moderates Facebook?
Dennis
07903 129 445

Dear Lord, please save me from the ex pert drivers (y'know the ones in black cars).
EnsonExpress

Postby MK BIKER » Tuesday 13 November 2012, 14:09

GOD :yikes:
MK BIKER

Postby bramble43 » Tuesday 13 November 2012, 14:16

MK BIKER wrote:GOD :yikes:

Maybe we should get the yeti to moderate codforum, mythical mods all round.
Motorcycle courier, same day / direct / timed, Nationwide and across Europe - Contact details on profile. Call or text for a quote.
bramble43
Site owner

Postby EnsonExpress » Tuesday 13 November 2012, 14:23

Bigfoot might be more gentle.
Dennis
07903 129 445

EnsonExpress

Postby AlunL » Tuesday 13 November 2012, 15:08

I use both FB and Twitter. Most people I'm connected with are other couriers or bikers... A few of my customers are also there and it's helped me to get the odd backload and a good regular classic bike customer. There are a few weirdos though... But there's a couple on here too! ;)
As they are free, can't see what's to loose by trying them. There are plenty of free guides on using social media for business.
Alpact Couriers & Motorcycle Movers - Ring Alun on 07770 642913
info@wemovebikesandquads.co.uk
http://wemovebikesandquads.co.uk/
AlunL
Resident Gestapo

Postby Mike George » Wednesday 14 November 2012, 07:32

jjmurphy wrote:No, no, no, I don't like it!! PLease do not mess about with a codforum page on Facebook, it will only dilute the effectiveness of the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think it will, it's a page not a group.

From what I've seen Facebook groups are girly places for group hugs you're so right hun I feel your pain me too goodnight all lol xx. You've got no chance of keeping up with discussions unless you're logged in 24/7.

Seems to me pages are like free advertising spaces that you can use for more static information, latest news etc, but I don't think I've seen one that's worth a second visit and most of them seem to be abandoned.

I am an ex-owner driver and I run Shed 5 exchange for couriers
Shed 5 is the best-value exchange: join for £25, stay for free!
Mike George
I used to be somebody

Postby Ray Sherring » Wednesday 14 November 2012, 08:45

ray valentine wrote:I thought face book was for 12 year old girls, i have an account but a lot of strangers came up to me and said they wanted to be my friend, if that had happened in a pub i would have been out of the door in a flash, i still cant see the point of face book or twitter, and have difficulty understanding the twitter posts i read, so my face book account lay dormant.

Interesting point Ray - A couple of weeks ago one of my followers retweeted a request for a reliable temperature controlled courier company! I passed on your twitter details and although I have no idea if they contacted you at least it was a good lead. On average I now get one enquiry a week from Fb and twitter and have done dozens of jobs on the back of this!! I didnt see the point of either especially Twitter but would now say embrace both with open arms - where else can you promote your business continually FREE OF CHARGE to potentially thousands of people. Of course most wont be interested but with continual promotion if nothing else your details will always be in their mind and could lead to business one day.
"Shut up fool I aint getting on no plane"
H.A.R.K.Solutions (UK) Ltd
http://www.harksolutions.webs.com
Ray Sherring

Postby mjabol » Wednesday 14 November 2012, 12:18

I agree wit Mr.Sherring 100%
24/7 courier service Burton upon Trent - http://www.jablonskilimited.co.uk - mic.jablonski@yahoo.com
Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them. – Ann Landers
mjabol

Postby Bob Johnson » Wednesday 14 November 2012, 15:37

Alpact couriers wrote:There are a few weirdos though... But there's a couple on here too! ;)

:wave:
Bob Johnson

Postby AlunL » Wednesday 14 November 2012, 21:51

Bob Johnson wrote:
Alpact couriers wrote:There are a few weirdos though... But there's a couple on here too! ;)

:wave:

Wasn't naming names... But...
Alpact Couriers & Motorcycle Movers - Ring Alun on 07770 642913
info@wemovebikesandquads.co.uk
http://wemovebikesandquads.co.uk/
AlunL
Resident Gestapo

Postby John » Monday 17 December 2012, 20:30

Guy's

Please, firstly to be on here and working within this industry, you have to have the following credentials.

1) A letter from your doctor or I think i need my nappy changed giving you free access at all times.
2) A chronic colonic irrigation problem with your bowels. ( Except ELVIS He is exempt OK) Stiil the KING
and working as one of S----Y S----T's finest drivers in Coalsnaughton in central Scotland.
3) A Fetish for all things white ( with particular care taken over the word's Iveco, Renault, and the filthiest word of them all mercedesscaniavolvo) sorry guys had to make a comfort stop, made a mess of my leg.
4) A deep and meaningful relationship with my wife, :censored: :censored: :blahblah: :blahblah:

There are many things good about facef--k I'm sure I will think of some before I die, now where was I, Oh yeah job from the courierhub at 00.0002p per 50 km god is great of to timbuckthree then.

On a serious note GENTS have a great Xmas a PEACEFUL and if our chancellor allows a prosperious NEW YEAR :wave: :wave: :clap: :clap: All the best men.

John

Oh yes and don't forget my wife likes it which way!!!. :confused: :confused: up her :yikes: :suspicious:
John

Postby GMC » Monday 9 September 2013, 11:24

AlunL wrote:I use both FB and Twitter. There are a few weirdos though... But there's a couple on here too! ;)

Just when I thought you were my friend... :wink: :lol:
"We are supporting the OUT! or Vote Leave! Campaign"
http://www.gas-motorcycle-couriers.co.uk
http://www.samedaymotorcyclecouriers.co.uk
http://www.motorcyclecouriersleeds.co.uk
Motorcycle & Small Van Available
GMC

Return to Random Banter